• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with New ram - Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes... like Johan told you, you'll need to raise the HT Ref clock / FSB on the 1:4 divider if you ever want to hit DDR3-1866, which is what you requested help with in your OP.

Thank you i understand, but surly i should be putting the NB and HT link back to normal and dropping the multi on the CPU back down.. then raze clock to 233 and change multi up again?

Yes basically drop your multis and raise your bus then try and get everything stable again.

System she was not happy at all.....

I'm trying to figure out some other things, maybe i can tweek more but not sure on temps and V's on cpu on NB... made this now if it all right.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732415

I had it at 4.3gHz with 1864mhz 9-11-9-27 as mem spec, she was happy for about 20min... then BSOD, the PC took ages to post with message saying previous overclock failed to load.

just wanna see temps and my volts because bios shows one thing but windows programs show way dif readings..

Bios set CPU voltage and CPU VDD to 1.45, windows shows 1.480 in some tests.... but could be blue screening because not enough voltage to the CPU and windows just seeing wrong readings?

For now until you get the the "system" stable again I'd drop the timing on the ram to 10-11-10-30 you can always tighten it up later when you have the CPU stable. Use HWMonitor (free version) it'll show your volt and temps. I see you have another post on this. I'll copy this tyhere.

I currently have a stabe OC with the following:

CPU- 200x21 = 4.2gHz all 6 cores
NB - 2800mHz
HTlink- 2200mHz

Ram @ 1:4 = 1600mHz
Ram timing = 9-9-9-27 as per mem spec @ 1600

all stable and happy :)
Just want it to be as fast as it can be, if it is what it is then so be it, but if theres a little more and im not going to damage some thing trying, then i want ever little bit :)

The odds of getting 1866Mhz stable on a Phenom II is not very high. I wouldn't redo your OC over it. I'd just take the 1600Mhz, if you can get it, and be happy.

When I was (briefly) on FX I had trouble getting memory stable at higher speeds.. and that has a better memory controller than PII.

My Pc is 100% Stable at the moment.
Just TMPIN1 is getting up to 56'c while jamming and it freaks me out.
Windows is in performance mode.
and memory is currently at 1600... just want better timings,

Back