• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With O/c Abit M/board And P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rainwarrior

hi Im new here and i got a problem hmm im running a abit is7-e moby with a p4 2.6 533fsb i flashed the bios cause there had been half a dozen updates since my version, and it caused me probs gr8 my comp hangs up alot and now and again i get your processor may have been altered or replaced entre softmenu basially too put in the correct values, nothins been changed only the bios, so can u help, also im thinking of clocking the processor what values will be safe too change in the softmenu(abits inbuily o/clockin feature) can i 2.7 or 8 it maybe plzzzzzzzz help ty in advance

the system hanging may have nothing to do with the bios update and could be other issues regarding heat.
make sure you get it prime 95 stable before you try to overclock it.
make sure your fans are clean and not full of dust causing overheating.

fans seem ok

the fans r ok as i can see tehm and glance inside regular as i have a lit up case with side window :) makes it easy too see if if anythins stopped spinin lol, i got a side fan back fan processor fan massive fan on the psu and my graphics card and my bios and its like a frickin jet engine so coolin seems ok lol also looked in the bios and temps seem ok low 40s

After flashing you BIOS, did you manually reset the CMOS?

By this I mean:

-Unplug your PC or PSU from the board
-Locate the CMOS jumper and move it from 1-2 to 2-3?

Clearing your CMOS and starting from scratch after a BIOS flash is always a good idea.

If your PC is locking up, there's something wrong with some of your settings.

Try holding down the insert key when you boot if you can't get into your BIOS.

reseting bios

k my book didnt explain good but i did unplug the power and swapped the jumper over while unplugged then swapped it back and then plugged it back in and rebooted, or should i have chganged jumper powered up and unplugged angain and repowered lol if thats confusing sorry :s. i ripped the processor out and how i dont know but a couple of pins were bent i straightened them it seems abit better again....... but i still want help overclcoking aswell if poss

Back