• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with over clocking my amd phenom x6 1055t above 3.5gh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

praj

Registered
hey guys my sys confi is
core amd phenom x6 1055t
motherboard m5a78l-m lx by asus
ram 4gb ddr3 a data max bandwith 667mhz
graphics ati raden 5450 2 gb
my stable system confi is
core volage 1.368
turbo core enabled
now i can over clock sys to 3.4gh
turbo core disabled
core voltage 1.3200 ha i know :D
pic speed mhz 105
multiplier is locked at 14 i dont know how to increase it
bus speed 245
this confi is perfectly stable
i ran super pi i found a sudden difference of 2 min with turbo enabled so i guess turbo is no use in over clocking
the problem is i cant over clock beyond 3.5ghz
at the config
windows started at
buss speed 250,mulyiplyer 14,no turbo,core temp 1.34,nbvid 1.625,pic speed 110. copm started but when i ran amd over drive stbility test it failed in 4 s due to cal culation errors ,then i ran devil may cry game it crashed the comp in one of the cut sceans(works perfectly in both default and 3.4 ghz config).
then i increased the core voltage upto 1.4.
comp always starts doesnot pass sability test.
what should i do .
help me

You won't get any higher with that motherboard. The power phase components of the board are not robust and there is not even a heat sink in the VRM area. It is only rated for a TDP of 95W and you are starting at that with the 1055T even before you overclock it.

Yea, I'd say you're lucky to get 3.4 out of it. I had a similar board, wouldn't overclock my 960T past 3.8, and it wasn't stable there.

thanks guys ,in the 3.4 ghz over clock should i enable turbo core and i ran prime 95 test the temp reached to about 68C it did not cross 70c is this good .and what mother board should i change to .

We stress test the system with P95 Blend or similar to try and determine that the board has pretty fair stability. 68c on the CPU temp is pretty high. You may never notice it when used in daily use; depending on what you do everyday and how intensive your day to day use actually is.

The board is n0t heating up the cpu. So the high temps of the cpu would indicate you need better cooling. A different motherboard is not going to fix that problem. You should get the cpu cooled better before even thinking about a motherboard swap for a little more cpu mhz. Well I would myself go about it that way.
RGone...

thanks guys so i dont what cooling unit i have but it has 2 fans it is by cooler master so what unit would you recommend

U need to know what you have. It might be fine but cannot get the heat out of the case. Or it could be you have poor contact between the cpu cooler and the top of the cpu.

There are too many things we do not know about what is being used at your end.
RGone...

des openig the cabinate while useing the system have any effect on the temp

i have circle -p4 atx version 1.3 switching power supply the has no name on it ishas a code hkm-7m52a-a2-gp 1106xq0042

That cooler is said to come with heat sink compound pre-applied to the base of the cooler. Probably not a good idea to use that stuff but to use 'good' aftermarket heat sink compound. Does that look like the cooler you have for your processor?

Cooler Master HKM-7M52A-A2-GP - AMD CPU

DID this computer come pre-assembled and ready to use?

yes thats the unit and i did come pre assembled .so should i buy another cooling sys which one . Thanks for your help

yes thats the unit and i did come pre assembled .so should i buy another cooling sys which one . Thanks for your help

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is a very good cooler and very popular. But it is tall, like all the tower-style coolers based on 120mm fans. It will need a case at least 7.5" wide to fit in and still get the side panel to close on the case. Please measure your case width across the top, outside measurement.

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is a very good cooler and very popular. But it is tall, like all the tower-style coolers based on 120mm fans. It will need a case at least 7.5" wide to fit in and still get the side panel to close on the case. Please measure your case width across the top, outside measurement.
depth 380 mm with 182 mm height 410 mm

What case do you have? Firstly, cooling is key to overclocking, and half of that responsibility is on the case. Secondly, we can't very well recommend a full ATX board if your case can only accommodate mATX.

Yes, we need to know what make and model case you have in order to recommend either a cooler or a motherboard. Components come in many different sizes and they must be compatible with each other from a size standpoint as well as from a technology standpoint. If the small dimension of the case is only 182mm (approximately 7") then that limits your choices for CPU coolers and essentially eliminates all the best air coolers.

You might consider as your first purchase getting a roomy, well-ventilated case. That could in and of itself cause your temps to drop.

But wait, we don't even know enough info about your bios setting to be able to pass judgment on the problem yet, though it is true you do need a better motherboard and you probably also need a bigger case and a better cooler. Before we have you throw down money on new components, pleas download and install these three programs:

CPU-z

HWMonitor

Prime95

To start with, please run CPU-z and post back with an attached picture of these three tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD.

To attach a pic, first crop and save the image to disc. Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post. When the advanced window appears, click on the little paperclip tool a the bottom. This will load the file browser/up-link tool and the rest will be obvious.

Back