• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Overclock EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazekillerace

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me with an issue I've been noticing. I would like to point out this is my first time ever atempting to overclock, and most of my knowledge is from just some research. So pardon for my ignorance on the subject.

Anyway, last night I decided I'm going to give overclocking a shot. I installed Heaven Benchmark 4.0 (I'm using EVGA Precision XOC for my overclock software btw) and decided to run some benchmarks. I started out with a stock benchmark to see what my 1080 would do on Extreme preset without K Boost enabled. Results were FPS: 7.1 / Score: 178 / Min FPS: 3.9 / Max FPS: 15.1, If I remember correctly my GPU Clock was 139mhz while my Memory Clock was 405mhz, Temps were around 38*C.

After running that test, I decided to run with K Boost enabled. GPU jumped to 2025mhz / Memory 5005mhz. Ran the same presets on Heaven, results were FPS: 7.9 / Score: 198 / Min FPS: 5.2 / Max FPS 16.6 with temps not passing 38*C. Now, forgive me for my ignorance, does this seem very low? Is there something I have to activate I maybe forgot? From benchmark tests I've seen from others, most seem to be getting 90fps+. I did tweak settings ever so slightly, but again with very minimal gain. My main goal is just to do a half decent overclock, not looking for max potential. At least till I learn the ropes more and do more research on this subject.

My rig setup is:
ASUS Maximus X Hero
i7-8700k (Not OCd) with EVGA CLC 120
Corsair Dominator Platinums 2 x 8gb 3200mhz (Not OCd)
EGVA 1080 FTW Hybrid
Corsair PSU 850

I appreciate any help, thank you!
I apologize if this isn't the right area to ask this question. Will move post if necessary!

you may have more luck if you go to the evga forums. i would check out the precision xoc section and see if there are any how to guides etc... sorry i cant help you!

Back