• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with picking a dual fan AIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SubPar

I'm posting from my phone so i'll give a rundown of what I need :) I have a coolermaster HAF-912 with a FX 4100 currently cooled by a coolermaster hyper 212 evo, good cooler allows me to run 4.2 over the summer without killing my power bill but I want MOAR! I want to push this chip as far as it will go with what I have (mobo M5A97 R2.0) my vrm temps are great <35 deg C(12-15 over ambient). I'm curious what if any 240 rads will fit in my case with minimal or no modding? Or should I just bite the bullet and go actual watercooling? I've been wanting to for quite awhile, would a nice 120mm rad perform as well as a 240 mm AIO? I need to read more but I figured I'd pick the brains of the well informed members at OCF first

Last edited:
My Thermaltake water 3.0 keeps my 3770 running at 4.1GHz cool even in a room that is 85°F. Temps are almost always below 70°C even running SETI@home 100% on all 8 cores.

What are your temps with the Evo at 4.2? I know of people that get 4.5 out of a Fx 6300 on an Evo.

Temps are <50 socket and <47 core I know I could push more with the EVO but I'm looking to keep the office it's in fairly cool (we spend a lot of time in there and I had to shutdown folding on my rig because it was superheating the room and the wife said WTF lol) which I why I want to go water as I understand it should be able to keep the temps lower than air but maybe I'm out to lunch?

You'll likely keep the temps of the Cpu lower by going to a quality AIO water setup but it will still be dissipating the same amount of wattage/heat so it's not going to be keeping the room any cooler. Ocing to 4.5 is only going to make matters worse regardless of the heatsink attached.

Ahh it would probly be worse if it was keeping the chip cooler, :facepalm: Damn it I'm going to have to rethink my strategy, maybe move my computer to the basement where it's crazy cold

I just recently tried to fit a 240mm radiator in an Coolermaster HAF 912. No go. There isn't enough room in the upper rear corner of the case. The I/0 port housings of the motherboard are in the way. That case just doesn't have enough "head room" to install a 240mm radiator, on the inside at least. You might look at cutting a hole in the top panel somewhere big enough to slide either the pump or the radiator through.

Back