• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with picking out a laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

fallow link then click CUSTOMIZE & ADD under ThinkPad t440s Ultrabook. the far left column

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/

I will ask my questions and concerns in order of the customize chart. I will also note any changes from standard options in order.

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro. (some of the programs I will be running run better on 7)

Memory: Will upgrade with an 8GB or 12GB stick, but not from there web site....screw there asking price

Micro Hard Drive 16GB: this is standard. I am thinking about upgrading to a 128 to install windows and a few programs that I use a lot. Maybe put the 16gb in the second m.2 slot and dedicate it to running an engineering program. thoughts?

Rear Battery: Upgrade to 6 cell for $5? I thought li-Ion cells were expensive. Depending on how much more it weighs or if the larger battery sticks out I might consider this. Why not?

Wireless: I don't own anything that puts out an AC signal at work or home. Is it worth upgrading now for $30? Opinions?? Wonder if I can upgrade internal LAN card later.

What is the rectangular box above sd slot with hole in bottom right for? 6546656.jpg

Feel free to be the devils advocate. And as always thank you for spending the time to help.

-Pinky

Last edited:
Back