• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with unexplained loss of performance in my loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dopax

Greetings to all:
I've a loop with 4 blocks ( Maimboard , CPU, GPU and a block of aquaero XT ) ; one reservoir Aquacomputer Aqualis ; one triple and one quadruple radiator ; the loop is moved by 2 pumps MCP-35X with dual top EK , also has 2 Aquacomputer high flow sensors . All pumps at100% gave a yield of 215 l \ h ( approx ) in the loop .

The point is that my reservoir and dual top of the pumps were joined by two elbows of 30 degrees , among which there was a section of tube (the group forms 90 degrees in a relatively short space) very short (5 to 6 cm long) that , over time , to do some flexion , observe who was folding , with the consequent danger of flow restriction.
I replaced that section of the loop by a combination of fixed parts (some Nozzle adapters coupling ; a single fiiting 90 degree swiveling ; etc) forming a rigid assembly with 90 degree bend fairly smooth (the single 90 degree fitting is based on three 30 rotating bodies each) without the danger of tube section was folding by forcing the curve being so short in length.

My problem is that I found the unpleasant surprise, since I can't find explanation , that now only gives me 128 l \ h ...............This is why I ask for help from anyone who can give me an explanation that could happen . I can't find a logical explanation , since I've only replaced nothing more that a potentially dangerous short section for something better and less restrictive.
Of course , I checked the operation , separately , of both pumps, for if he had broken some by chance; is more , I haven't even been forced to completely empty the liquid loop (I've a valve drain on the lowest part thereof) ............... i don't know , i can't find explanation for this and I am blocked without knowing what to do.
Thanks in advance

So basically from my understanding, you're saying that you replaced kink/restrictive part in your loop and after updating, noticed your flow decrease even more? If that's the case, I am thinking there might be some restrictions elsewhere. How long have you had the loop for? When is the last time you have done a tear down maintenance? Depending on your answers I might sway towards blockage elsewhere.

it sounds like he used three restrictive fittings to make a 90 degree bend.

pictures would help a lot with this one.

Sincerely , 215 l \ h with the pumps to 100% , did not seem to me excellent performance , but i don't know that if it is , really , as expected performance for this loop.
What is I'm frustrated with this because I can´t find an explanation.
Air bubbles ?.......... I don`t know, but it seems strange; had not ever happened to me

A couple general pictures

IMG_1556_zps0c9f44cf.jpg
IMG_1555_zpsfc407297.jpg

Previous fittings ( without problematic short section of tube
IMG_1554_zpsb3439875.jpg

Posterior assembly
IMG_1553_zps119b0c44.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    916.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
One of the tubes to your CPU block looks collapsed, and I see growth.
Strip it, clean everything, and re-do it all.

What kind of tubing? If it is the cheap stuff that you can find at a home improvement store, throw it away. I ran my loop on that stuff for a year with ONLY the CPU in the loop and I had to replace the hose every 3 months due to the hoses collapsing from the heat cycles. Also the growth was BAD. I have run PrimoChill Green UV tubing (both the transparent and now the green pearl, the stuff made after the nasty plasticizer debacle) for a year with NO collapse and no growth using ONLY a silver kill plug in the res.

I've checked the tubes in the block of the CPU; .......... are not collapsed ; by the photo may seem "forced" but are not ; plus photos are made with stationary loop

It can not be tube quality problem ................ is the best quality from " tygoon "

Last edited:
It seems weird ........................ the loop has been running only 4 or 5 months; the rads were previously cleaned, use newly purchased 3601 Tygoon tube and use distilled water with additive Innovatek Pro, plus a silver spiral in the circuit.
Even if it is true that some impurities in the reservoir are observed ........... but so soon and so suddenly as to cause this problem?
Maybe I should use the Aquacomputer filter that I've , in my loop ......................... in any case, it seems strange that, with components I said before, generate debris

Back