• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

here are my resaults so far.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I have a barton 2500+ running at 1.83Ghz 11x166 at 1.65vcore with 1 gig of mushkin 2700ddr green basic ram running at ras 7...rcd 3...rp 3... cas latency 2.5... I have the Cooler Master XDream HAC-V81 for cooling....I run at 50 - 52 celcius on full load....

I overclocked this to 2.3Ghz ram was at 7 3 3 2.5 again fsb was 185 and muliti was 12.5 my vcore was set to 1.7 and I was runnen at 55-56 celcius fullload...

The two responses above are probably what you need for a better OC.

And.. that's pretty good FSB for PC2700 ram and 1gb of it. I bet you had to up your vdimm if you didn't then do so.

yeah it wouldn't let me up m vdimm I think I tried to up it to the next voltage..and when I restarted my bios they returned to the default volts...I was kinda weirded out.....any suggestions?

Just wondering. I have a Barton 2500+ also, but with the asus a7n8x deluxe. My question is..are you able to run prime95 with no errors on those settings? Best I've gotten are these settings..

12.5 x 174 = 2170 @ 1.85vcore
SLK-800 (newer model)
Vantec Tornado 80mm (the hairdryer)
PC3200 xmsCorsair 6-2-2-2

I am not able to do Prime95 with no errors beyond this point. It never gets above 34degrees also, according to asus probe.( I know it fudges the temp a bit but its close.)

Also anyone have any suggestions that I may do to get a better OC? This is my first OC of my own. Helped a little out on a couple of friends. But I'm still new at this so any help would be appreciated. I know I maybe could decrease my RAM timings but wouldn't that sacrifice RAM performance? I think I'm going to try to "burn in" for about 24hrs or so to see if that gives me anymore headroom. Thanks for any help. And I hope this helps contribute to the BARTON info for the community.

yeah I have mushkin 2700+ ddr and if I want it to be stable I have to go 7 3 3 2.5 which is stock for me so I don't feel like I am loosen any performance from my ram.... just gainen on my speed.....at this rate it is preaty darn stable...but if I was gunna use my comp at 2.3 gHz all day every day I would have to go to like 8 3 3 3 which aint worth it to me...........for now I am just tryen to get ther darn thing cool at a non overclocked setting let alone worry about 2.3 gHz..and as for prime95 I have never run it...I am home for spring break and I don't have a descenty connection so I can't dl any benchmarks...I just run q3 and diablo 2 and if it stays stable for a few hours I consider it preaty stable.....:)

Prime95 if you have a connection @ all its only like 800 kb download it. Or toast.

Yeah go ahead and go download Prime95. Do a search here I know you'll be able to find the link. Thats how I found it.

Oh an update at 2.17ghz (settings above) I can do Prime for avg 1hr-1.5hrs and then get an error. I'm going to test running some games later with a higher overclock. I've been able to boot in windows fine @ 2.2ghz. Lets see if I can get some higher OC's. As I asked before any suggestions anyone??

noki I was wondering where you purchased and how much $ did you spend on your slk and your tornado? Thanks for the info...:)

Hey Treepop do you have any AS3 on that chip or are you using the Silicon thermal paste on that chip...

yeah I bought some 8$ arctic silver 3 :)......didn't make a huge diff.....but yeah I am usen it and I followed the directons to a t..:).....you guys think I should goop on alot next time and see if that helps?....cause I just put on a thin layer like it says on the arctic silver wen site....also is this as3 supposed to really be that much better?....cause I didn't see that huge of results...thanks again

I wouldn't because AS3 is conductive and can short out a bridge or one of the resistors on the chip wafer, all that is needed is a little bit that will get rid of air bubbles between the die and the heatsink..

aight thanks...thats what I did...so I suppose I am gunna run to fry's and return my Cooler Master XDream HAC-V81 and replace it with thermal take 7+ since that seems to be the best choice at the local fry's.....if anyon knows of better then the tt7+ available at fry's please inform me.:)

I got my slk at newegg and my tornado at googlegear since newegg was out at the time. It came out to around 35 or so I think at newegg, and 20 for the fan at googlegear.

An update on my 2500+... I've been able to boot in windows at 2.3ghz but I didnt consider it stable because I ran HeavyLoad and BurnInTest and it froze. So that being my test since everything seemed to be giving rounding errors on prime95 I've come to the conclusion that my chip is most stable at 11.5 @190 1.85vcore approx 2.19ghz. I can run both test at same time no freezing. And it never exceeds 34C temps. Idles about 30-32.

Anyone else want to post some results?

Back