• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys i have a few questions for you pros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColesAcc

So I bought the Storm Scout 2, and 6 fans.
I was just wondering what would be the best configuration of fans?
the case comes with one exhaust in the back. It supports dual 120mm fans (optional) on the acrylic side panel window, two 120mm top fans (optional), two 120mm front fans or one 140mm front fan (optional), one 120mm bottom fan (optional), one 120mm HDD cage fan (optional) and one 120mm rear red LED fan (included).

Another thing is i was planning to use 2 fans on the hyper 212 evo in push pull. I was just wondering to put it in push-pull what way the airflow on each fan needs to be going.
will 3 pin fan plugs fit in 4 pin fan connectors and will 4 pin fan plugs fit in 3 pin connectors?
Last question is which way do the fans need to be pointing for a push pull on a 212 EVO do they need to go like --> ---> or ---> <----?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Please attempt to redo (edit) the post into a few questions instead of a mishmash of stuff. It's silly hard to understand.

Maybe a few pics, with the pic drawn up with your plan.

Instant message type posts really don't get you anywhere here. Paragraphs, periods, spaces help.

<----- Fan <----- towards exhaust. Your other choice just umm think about it.

Please attempt to redo (edit) the post into a few questions instead of a mishmash of stuff. It's silly hard to understand.

Maybe a few pics, with the pic drawn up with your plan.

Instant message type posts really don't get you anywhere here. Paragraphs, periods, spaces help.

<----- Fan <----- towards exhaust. Your other choice just umm think about it.

done, thanks for the suggestion, I am new to this website.

depending on how much room you have in your case, and where you place it, things might differ, but in general.

Use Intake from front, exhaust from back and top.
for your CM 212, have it blow out the rear end, so the whole wind tunnel is more streamlined.

here's a picture. :)

attachment.php

will 3 pin fan plugs fit in 4 pin fan connectors and will 4 pin fan plugs fit in 3 pin connectors?
Thank you!

This can a problem to control the fans. If your mobo supports fan speed control and has 4 pin connectors then it's probably 4 pin PWM control. Some mobos have both 4 pin PWM and 3 pin voltage control. Few do. Not all mobos allow fan control from all the headers, many times just the CPU header. Depends on your mobo.

We need to know the fans you bought, and what fan you plan to use as P/P on the EVO. We also need to know the EXACT mobo model, the number on the box should be fine.

You can also read up in the mobo manual and figure it out and then ask questions from there. :thup: You can also read up about 3 pin and 4 pin fans and how they work, Wiki should be fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_control

Back