• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey, need some help with a BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright so I blue screened again overnight, the frequency at which it does it is decreasing making this even more difficult and frustrating to determine the issue.. I have everything in and I swapped my old ram back out for my new ram again, hopefully that is infact the issue. I also read somewhere that in the ezmode bios settings, sometimes have your motherboard set to performance can cause issues with some ram? I dont know really about that but I changed it back to normal anyway just to give it a shot. What do you guys think about trying to RMA the motherboard, would they even take it back seeing as how long it takes for the issue to resurface? Im just not sure whats left to do, the issue only started after installing Samsung Magician so I uninstalled that but BSOD's still occur. Im not sure what to do. ive had all of these components but the motherboard and cpu for over 4 months now and theyve all worked flawlessly on my AMD board / chip. I suppose that could be an option to switch back to that and see again.

I have heard that about the ezmode performance setting as well.

I think the Samsung software is just causing a hidden issue to show up, but isn't directly the issue.

Do you think we may be looking at an issue with the SSD? Because id be really screwed there since Samsung doesnt offer assistance with HDD's or SSD's in Canada as far as im aware :(

Do you think we may be looking at an issue with the SSD? Because id be really screwed there since Samsung doesnt offer assistance with HDD's or SSD's in Canada as far as im aware :(

If you have a spare HDD or SSD you can install to and try then go right ahead.

That's one more part that would be eliminated that way.

Okay so I havent had a BSOD since the one mentioned previously, however when my computer turns back on after a restart, I get an error; "C:\Users\dyllan\AppData\Local\Temp\205656Log.iniis lost" any idea what this is? The error is coming from AsusSetup :confused:

Last edited:
Sounds like some kind of software that was installed from Asus isn't agreeing with restarts.

It was a registry error, had to figure that out on my own since Asus wanted me to contact Microsoft support because "they dont deal with registry issues".. but as for now, we are still BSOD free, heres to hoping it actually was just the EZ mode setting!!

New one this time lol

==================================================
Dump File : 121613-4212-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/16/2013 6:03:47 PM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff960`001a4d72
Parameter 3 : fffff880`029f8f80
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : win32k.sys
Caused By Address : win32k.sys+c4d72
File Description : Multi-User Win32 Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\121613-4212-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 293,104
Dump File Time : 12/16/2013 6:04:06 PM
==================================================

I had just downloaded and installed the DayZ alpha, it happened about 15 minutes into playing that, so to me that sounds like it was the issue, but it has not happened since.

Back