• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi, I need help on Overclocking my geforce 4 Ti 4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gogeta_787

Registered
Hello,

i never overclocked anything before.

i recently bought :

p4 2.26ghz (533mhz fsb)
Gigabyte GA-8iHXP
RD PC1066 256mb
ASUS GeForce4 V8420 Ti4200 128M DDR

I was wondering how to overclock my video card
(step by step, im a noob :p)

and if possible, my cpu

thnaks alot i appreciate it

You can use a program to overclock your video card and Im sure that some other people will give you some suggestions on what vid card overclocking utilities they like but I think that the coolbits registry hack is the best way to overclock any Nvidia card. you can find a file to download and detailed instructions on how to overclock your card here. also go to nvidia.com and download the newest detonater drivers for the operating system you use (win 98, winXP...)

As for overclocking your CPU you might want to look in the intel CPU forum and maybe search for some detailed instructions or start on thread in there if you need some advice/help. basically you would just go into your BIOS and turn up the FSB a little at a time (5mhz or so at first, the higher you go the lower the steps should be).

oh yeah, and...

Welcome to the Forum

Last edited:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I agree with DaddyB - the Coolbits registry hack is a nice way to oc your vidcard - and it´s very simple to oc with that tool!

There are other programs like "Rivatuner" which is the most common tool to oc vidcards, but that tool is much more complex, of course you have more options with it, but for pure oc´ing the card - the registry hack is perfect!

EDIT: btw. I think NO1 has the same vidcard like you! I´m sure he will write, how much he could o/c stable with stock cooling! If he doesn´t - just pm him!!

Thank u for ur help guys

Thanks alot guys, ur very kind

hey daddy im also in toronto ontario :)

well u guys were alot of help, and i want u 2 know that i really apprciate it

thanks again :)

Back