• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi so I have a toshiba sattelite2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tombstone 42

I have a Toshiba satellite and the exhaust is both hot and loud especially when i run blender and even when im typing this I've cleaned ti out regularly
should i get a cooling mat?? yes its on a hard surface with adequate ventilation and my room is 70 degrees farenheit and it heats up my room pls help
:mad::mad::mad::screwy::screwy:

How have you cleaned it. Any laptop I have had needed to be taken apart to clean the exhaust as typically there's a heatpipe that ends with a small aluminum radiator of sorts and the fan blows dust/hair etc onto the inside of it so blowing air into exhaust only pushes debris back into the laptop which will come right back like this one

dscf0581.jpg

I think he mentioned he cleaned it.

At this point I would say to reapply the thermal paste, clean again, and see if that helps.

Hopefully, nothing has gone south with a CPU power regulating component.

thks but i have cleaned it by opening t up

How have you cleaned it. Any laptop I have had needed to be taken apart to clean the exhaust as typically there's a heatpipe that ends with a small aluminum radiator of sorts and the fan blows dust/hair etc onto the inside of it so blowing air into exhaust only pushes debris back into the laptop which will come right back like this one

View attachment 196093

Quoting his picture and not being descriptive isn't helping. You opened it opened it up... great. Can you elaborate? :)

After cleaning you replaced the TIM and or thermal pads?

I have a Toshiba satellite and the exhaust is both hot and loud especially when i run blender and even when im typing this I've cleaned ti out regularly
should i get a cooling mat?? yes its on a hard surface with adequate ventilation and my room is 70 degrees farenheit and it heats up my room pls help
:mad::mad::mad::screwy::screwy:

Has the laptop just started doing this recently? Any chance there's a piece of software in the background using the CPU, causing it to need constant cooling? Does your task manager indicate there's 0% cpu use, 100%, or something inbetween?

Back