• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi xeon e5450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rabo de toro

Hi just recieved my xeon e5450 and i started overclocking with a friend help: Bios changes- Frequency to 433, and vcore to 1.35v The Ram is on turbo and auto. Any tips/advices u can give me? I just bought 4gb/800 more because i have 1 667
Thanks if u need any detail more just ask.

cpu 3.9.png pc.png

P.d: Btw removing the 667 ram module i archieved a 4.0ghz with ram standar and 2.00b

I wouldn't run mismatched speed sticks. Just run the 800 MHz sticks.

No tips really... just make sure you are using the lowest voltages for a given clock and be stable. That is the name of the game!

I wouldn't run mismatched speed sticks. Just run the 800 MHz sticks.

No tips really... just make sure you are using the lowest voltages for a given clock and be stable. That is the name of the game!

Okay, got a problem I'm trying to fix. I took the 667 one and runing the 800, with 1.35v 3,9ghz dram standard and 2.00b prime95 stress test said worker 4 stopped, when earlier I just got 0 errors there. Why could this happens?

Wih the ram on auto and 1 stick of 667 in the timings/speed were probably set lower. Now with the 800 ram it sets up for that speed which would make a bit more work for the CPU .

Wih the ram on auto and 1 stick of 667 in the timings/speed were probably set lower. Now with the 800 ram it sets up for that speed which would make a bit more work for the CPU .
Si the fail might be because with 800 the cpu use is higher? But I've set to ram 2.00b thats means the same mhz than with 667 on

It could have been on the edge of stability as well just happened to luck out the first time.

Hi new question.
For the 2 dram 800 may u 5-5-5-15? It's on auto 5-5-5-18. I got it on 5-5-5-18 with standar and 2.00b if not blue screen. Didn't try 5-5-5-15

Yes you can, if you get unstable add just a touch of Dram voltage

Yes you can, if you get unstable add just a touch of Dram voltage
Okay, i installed the 4gb more, and the pc is unstable vram is 1.8 may I go for 1.9? Prime95 said fatal error rounding 0.499... Etc, and when I'm playing the pc goes black screen and start making strange noises on speakers. It could be because of VDram? Vcore is 1.29 for 3.73ghz

Back