• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hidden External Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unph4zed

Ed3GHnf.jpg

What
I am planning a dual system build with either one large loop or two separate loops. The problem is that I want to keep it hidden, functional, and silent. The picture above is my original idea but I have rethought this because I think it will create a hot zone between the desk/wall. The desk will be a custom build so my new plan of attack is to have holes cut in the desk to fit the radiators and then have a false wall (where my feet will be) built in front of the rads to hide them. That wall will come down to roughly 8 inches above the floor to allow cold air intake to the rads.

Why
Why all the rads? I'm a Twitch streamer and overclocking enthusiast so I need silent but I also want high overclocks. I think with this type of rad space I will be able to run fans at 5v and cool whatever I can throw at it. (3-way SLI gaming machine and 8 core encoding machine) The end goal is to have a setup that looks extremely simple but packs a powerful punch. I did look at cases capable of holding a lot of rads (CaseLabs) but they are taller than my desk and not the look I am trying to achieve.

My previous build also had a large external loop but the systems were beside each other. It was loud with all the fans next to me, the video cards coil whine was annoying, and the busy look eventually grew old. I don't think a MCP35x2 is capable of handling the entire loop so for now I have planned for 2 of them. Do you think this will work? Is there a better way? It's going into a brand new house so I don't want to run copper lines outside or anything that extreme.

Complete overkill on the rads because you hit diminishing returns once you even add a second Mora 3 rad. All you need is one while running a quiet setup and keeping it cool. If you insist with two, again you'll be hitting diminishing returns and won't see a huge improvement with your Delta-Temps. but that is up to you. A single MCP35X2 should handle all of that or dual D5s which are quieter than DDCs. (35x's have higher head pressure though.)

Back