• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High CPU Load Temps/Low GPU Temps??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No no you worded it fine I was just thinking you'd say something with much higher CFM's than that.

I will definitely look at those as I wasn't really thinking about the static pressure. I am pretty sure the biggest problem is the waterblock I have but as I said when I get my new video card I will definitely replace that.

Last question I swear as you have all been really helpful. Can anyone give me a extremely estimated (as I know system to system will vary greatly) number of idle to load temps I should be looking at.

Seems people are getting worse than me, the same as me, or much much lower around a 8 degree difference between idle and load so just curious how bad the situation is.

Thanks again for all the help.

To the OP, I'm not water cooling expert, but I ordered new fans for my True for this reason. The CFM ratings are when there is nothing in front of or behind the fans. A fan could move 100cfm, but if the blades didn't push the air forward with enough force (static pressure) then if there was something in front of the fan, the air would simply bounce around. I currently have Yate loon mediums on my True and their static pressure is .08 inches of water. I just ordered a pair of Delta AFB1212SH's that put out .43 inches of water, or for those less math oriented a 538% increase in static pressure just so that they would push the air through the heatsink. That same rule applies to your rads. High cfm is nice, but having a high enough static pressure is more and more important on water cooling because of the high fin density on rads. My $.02.

No no you worded it fine I was just thinking you'd say something with much higher CFM's than that.

I will definitely look at those as I wasn't really thinking about the static pressure. I am pretty sure the biggest problem is the waterblock I have but as I said when I get my new video card I will definitely replace that.

Last question I swear as you have all been really helpful. Can anyone give me a extremely estimated (as I know system to system will vary greatly) number of idle to load temps I should be looking at.

Seems people are getting worse than me, the same as me, or much much lower around a 8 degree difference between idle and load so just curious how bad the situation is.

Thanks again for all the help.
The sig rigs run about 15-17°C different between idle and load. When I had two dual heater cores and only one CPU and one GPU it was more like 10-12°C ...

I agree 100%! :)

What did I write that made you think otherwise? *really confused* I'll galdly re-word it - just let me know which wire is being crossed. If a person who knows fans sees what I've written and thinks it's wrong then there's no telling how someone who doesn't know fans is going to read it ... :eek:

I just wanted to make sure the cfm to static pressure relationship would be clear to a non-native english speaker (becuase I know there are plenty of them here, I try to post so they can follow)

Thanks for all of the help from each and every one of you.

I was mainly concerned with my large differences between idle and load temperatures on my CPU but after all of this it seems they aren't to bad considering there is a GPU in the loop and a hot one at that.

I will definitely look into the fans mentioned as well as even the possibility of another double rad to go on the bottom of the case for future expansions.

Thanks alot!!!

Just an update.

I just orderd a EVGA 460 card along with the Koolance full cover block for them and a 2 pack of the Indigo Extreme thermal paste so as to try to lower the CPU temps.

I will update later this week.

Got the 460 running and the Indigo on. Idle temps are the same as before but load it sits at 36-37 now. Much Much better shaved off 10 degrees.

I would imagine that if I replaced the MC-TDX with a better block I would be more than happy with a low 30 temp and thus a 6-7 degree delta.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Back