• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high system temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spazzkid

my usual system temp is 33c, now with a newly RMA'd mobo and a new cpu fan (v7+), system temps rose from 33c to 36c. i have DIY rounded cables and a modded case. i tried fixing clutter inside the case, no change. vdimm and vcore is all at default, no overclocking. cpu temp is steady at 46c. im running out of ideas, kud anybody want to share me their thoughts on this?

maybe there are manufacturing differences between the motherboards giving you temp differences. Just a thought. Whats your room temp? Sure that didn't just go up?

spazzkid said:
my usual system temp is 33c, now with a newly RMA'd mobo and a new cpu fan (v7+), system temps rose from 33c to 36c. i have DIY rounded cables and a modded case. i tried fixing clutter inside the case, no change. vdimm and vcore is all at default, no overclocking. cpu temp is steady at 46c. im running out of ideas, kud anybody want to share me their thoughts on this?

you just replace the cpu fan or the whole hsf? have you tried re-applying any sort of thermal compound? what is your room temp like? hs making good contact the cpu surface area? sorry if these seem to be silly question but it might be something silly like that. what monitoring utils are you using to monitor temps, voltages and crap like that?

Could be a bunch of things that are causing the high temp readings. Your sensor may be reading wrong as well. Check to see if you have the latest Bios for your board. I'd also re-apply your heatsink compound and reseat the heatsink.

Many reasons..

Could be a new revision of the board which has the thermistor a little more accurate...

The thermal paste hasn't kicked in to its full potential...

You didn't apply the thermalpaste as clean as before...

A recent bios may adjust the reading of your thermistor...

thanks for all the ideas guys. well my setup consists of 1x80mm front intake, 1x80mm rear exhaust, 92mm side intake, 120mm top exhaust. i put on as2 on the cpu before installing my v7+. here in the philippines, its getting pretty hot like 33-34c inside the house, hotter outside. maybe re installing the hsf wud be worth a try. though im nervous that i wud break a chip again... (sigh)

Back