• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps with Thermoengine V60-4210?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scandalous

Registered
Sytem specs:

Ecs K7S5A Rev 3.1
XP 1700+ @ 1667, 1.899v (Not sure about the stepping)
256MB "Elixir"?? cas 2.5 DDR 2.7v
Gf2 Ti VIVO
SB LIve Value
20GB WD 7200rpm/8GB Fujitsu 5400rpm
NEC 24x CD rom
400w Fortron PSU
Thermoengine V60-4210 with a Top Motor DF1206BH fan. (Not sure of the CFM as I can't find any info on this fan. It appears to be 60x60x20mm and MBM reports it as running at 4821rpm)

My idle temp is (MBM) 47c and at load it goes up to 54-55c (causing lockups in Unreal Tournament)

I used AS reference thermal coumpound, spreading a very thin layer on the die (basically just filling in the etching) and spreading a thin layer on the bottom of the heatsink, then wiping off the excess with a lintfree cloth..

I looked very carefully at the junction between the HSF and die with the mobo out of the case (using a flashlight) and it appears to be mounted flush...

I just can't figure out why my temps are so high...

Inadequate HS??
Anemic fan?? (It seems to move plenty of air)
Subpar processor??

This system was built obn a tight budget, and I just can't justify spending $70 on a "big daddy" HSF...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Btw great forum you have here, been reading it for about a week and have learned a great deal... :)

scandalous said:
Thermoengine V60-4210 with a Top Motor DF1206BH fan. (Not sure of the CFM as I can't find any info on this fan. It appears to be 60x60x20mm and MBM reports it as running at 4821rpm)

My idle temp is (MBM) 47c and at load it goes up to 54-55c
Actually, that is a good temp for the te with the 4800rpm fan. I got one of those hsf's also, and is just a conversation piece on on my puter desk. Not that good of a hsf.:eh?:

Back