• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

CPU/MB is 95+ well speedfan & the bios say, but no warm feeling when I touch it. Could the sensors be fualty? I never notice any slowness or computer oddness from it.

Speedfan = Ancient. Not good for new boards usually.

Use Realtemp for CPU temps or your mobo monitoring software/bios.

ED why man? Why? I'm using SpeedFan from day one when I bought my P67 mobo and it was fine (for temps monitoring and fan control too) and I'm still using it.
Alfredo continuously improve his program so I'd say that SpeedFan is (still) OK. :)

But I agree somehow only for monitoring temps I like RealTemp/ThrottleStop more.

^^^
I would vote it being an issue with speedfan's readings.

I've basically switched to using HWiNFO64 (/hwinfo32) at this point. They update it constantly and it's as reliable as AIDA64/realtemp with a tiny footprint.

^^^
I would vote it being an issue with speedfan's readings.

I've basically switched to using HWiNFO64 (/hwinfo32) at this point. They update it constantly and it's as reliable as AIDA64/realtemp with a tiny footprint.

QFT! HWiNFO64 > AIDA64. I love HWiNFO, no more using AIDA64 for me.

:D

Speedfan = Ancient. Not good for new boards usually.

Use Realtemp for CPU temps or your mobo monitoring software/bios.
In my experience, Speedfan has been borderline useless post A64 days. Now, this is only my experience across several CPU's and boards though. Perhaps I was just unlucky?

There always seemed to be a reading on there that was anomolous so I just havent trusted it in years.

You see a lot of people post this same type of thread that temperatures arent working right. A switch to a different application usually resolves the issue. Im not sure what the difference is between Speedfan and say Realtemp as far as what its reading (sensors) but sometimes it is different.

EDIT: Look at these threads on Speedfan...notice they are all singing the same tune?

Last edited:
I haven't taken speedfan seriously for years, so I have no first hand experience. Coretemp and realtemp have never steered me wrong, and it is what most people use - being able to compare readings with people using the same apps seems most useful.

I think my main hangups other than second hand accounts of weird readings in speedfan, are that I thought speedfan was originally designed to read in socket thermistors. Due to that, right or wrong, I've considered it a very dated app compared to the newer and more common apps currently.

Could be fine, but I hear about problems, havent ran it for at least 5 years, and think of it as a tool of the past. :shrug:

Back