• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIGHER TEMPS? With more FANS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadM0nk3yyy

Registered
Hello, I just swtich my Antec sonata case that had 1 exhaust fan to a Thermaltake Xaser 3 SUPER TOWER w/ 7 case fans. It seemed that when i installed everything my temps went up 5-9C in this new case. Why? I have a thermaltake purepower 480w which draws the air over the cpu. The setup is 2 back exhaust, 1 top exhaust, psu exhaust, 2 side intake, 2 front intake. I wired it pretty well and rounded ide cables. What could be the problem? Do i need to turn some fans down or something?

Though it has 7 fans, the fans are badly blocked. With a bit of modding its a heck of a good case.

Madmonkey...
Congratulations, you have reached an important milestone.
Realizing that simply having more fans merrily spinning about isn't the automatic path to good cooling can be the first step towards implementing an effective cooling setup.

Now that you know that Thermaltake did a less than stellar job with the stock fan arrangement, you need to get busy and rectify the situation.
There is nothing inherently wrong with the basic case and the link that Arch provided will give you some good ideas about how to optimize things.

Baby steps, Grasshopper....

K i have tin snips. Now what can I use to cut the plastic? thats on the side intake fans? And how do I take out the rivets so i can take off the HD cage. And wats the best way to remove the top vent? or cut it or something. And Im getting an sp-97 soon but wondering wether to go with a panaflo or a tornado. I do have a fan controller, but also dont like to much noise. TY for your help

ONE MORE THING. I dont own a dremel. But i do own a jigsaw.
+ We just got A/C installed so room temps are gona be around 65-70 degrees during summer.

All of the answers are in the thread...Time to get a bowl of popcorn and do some reading..:) We already did the hard part...Testing and testing...:D

yeah, i read about 10 pages, theres what, about 2000 posts? get a big bowl, sit back, and read. i learned allot, and could learn more...i just dont want to cuz i dont have the case :p

Como its not for XASER cases only....This is for comp. cases of all kinds...The theory is the same..There are guys that post pics and ask Q's concerning any type case...:)

I had the sonata, but didn't like it much. When i had the sonata i gave my sister the thermaltake case. So i just switched back. I like the ENLRAGED and beast looking computer.

Back