• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest "relatively safe" Vcore and load temp for Venice 3200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirRealist

Apologies as I'm sure this topic was beaten into the dust in the past, but I just got myself a Venice 3200+ and I'm playing with OCing it. I have the TForce 6100-939 mobo which lets me set the vCore up to 1.8v. My max HT is 289, so i have to use the 10x multi. Right now I've got it at 275x10 @ 1.65v, but when i read the vCore in CPU-Z my vCore dosnt go above 1.52. Apparently, this mobo undervolts. One prime 95 test passes 12hrs, then another didnt make it past 3 hours, and a third didnt go past 2 minutes. So, i want to push the vcore to get more stability/OC, but im wondering how far is safe... I assume that when im reading my vCore, i should look at what its actually reading at vs what its set at (ie 1.52 vs 1.65). Also, what temp is considered relatively safe for load on this CPU? Ive got a scythe ninja and ceramique on it now, and Im putting some new panaflow fans im my case tonight.

Thoughts?

right now i've got the chip at:

1.568v
50C load

too much voltage, too hot?

thoughts?

To hot and not to much vcore.

IMO around 45c it about top's for me I like running high 30's or low 40's/

Most I have seen on my 170 and 146 was around 46c and for me that was to high but I was running prime with A\C off summertime.

yeah, to be honest im suprised at the temp... Ive got a scythe ninja plus on there, with 5 oanaflow case fans (2 in front, in back, and 2 on the side). Plus, another 2 pulling air u and out of my power supply.

Im gonna have to take the ninja off and make sure its seated properly, maybe theres osmethign wrong there. Ive also got some ceramique on there, but maybe i need to take it off an reapply.

What do you think the max safe voltage is?

something MUST be wrong, because at stock clock (2k) and stock voltage (reads: 1.376) the load temp is 42C

somethign must be wrong with how the ninja is mounted i guess...

you shouldnt go pass 1.55 on venice cores...mines was at 1.55 then i dialed it back a notch to 1.52..its about4-5c cooler at load max like 45c instead of 50..anything below 60 load is fine for the amd venice cores...60 and above be worried.....the more voltage you feed it the hotter it will get....i have mines at 270x10 as of [email protected]...o yea do yourself a favor and geta dfi mainboard....you wont have to worry about inaccurate readings and it ocs like a mutha...biostar is good since i haed one in an older rig..but it has its limits

Back