• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy $#@! 5k MHz DDR4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ADATA, G.Skill, Team Group and maybe some others have 5k too. G.Skill presented 5066 on the Computex.
Other thing is that you won't find motherboard with official BIOS that supports that, you will have a hard time with good CPU and simply ... you probably won't find these memory kits in any store. If you check listed memory kits on memory manufacturers websites then there is no kit above 4600. Even G.Skill has officially only 1 4500 and 1 4600 kit ( 2 colors ) tested on 1 ASUS and 1 ASRock board.

i just saw gskills computex 5066 modules at techpowerup. friggin nuts.

I vaguely remembered RAM speeds at 5k MHz, but seeing it released was a Wow moment. I wonder what the HOF will do under LN2?

Probably the same as other modules on Samsung IC under LN2 ... 5300 or something near is max for now. Everything above ~3733 on the market is on the same Samsung IC, matter of binning.

Back