• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Horrible G0 Q6600.... never fails....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an Abit IP35 Pro... I love this board... I'm not sure of the issues when it comes to clocking RAM, but I know that my G.Skill HZ's are zinging along nicely at DDR2 1000 at 4-4-4-12 w/ just 2.275v... :shrug: The layout of the Abit board is great IMHO. It allows me to get my ES B3 chip to 3.6Ghz, so I know its a good board. If i got a G0 chip, I could probably hit 3.8Ghz, but I need to save my money for now.. so I'm sitting on my 3.6 Quad :D

-Dave

I have an Abit IP35 Pro... I love this board... I'm not sure of the issues when it comes to clocking RAM, but I know that my G.Skill HZ's are zinging along nicely at DDR2 1000 at 4-4-4-12 w/ just 2.275v... :shrug:

It only tends to be at the absolute top-end...i.e. DDR2-1200 - 1300 but it's still a consideration for those who have sticks that might go that far.

last question.... is anything new and improved due out in the next month or two that is worth waiting for? If we are anticipating something new, i'll wait

X38 will be released on Sept 9. That means boards might be available in a month's time or so. I'm not sure whether DDR2 or DDR3 versions will come out first, or if they'll both be out at the same time.

Because it did 411 with a Conroe, that means nothing about what it can do with a Kentsfield...I've got a 975 here that can do 460 on a Conroe and not even 100MHz less with a quad. The additional cores put additional stress on the northbridge and dramatically lower the maximum FSB on all chipsets. P35 and 965 start out higher.

I had no idea quads lowered your mobos max fsb. What can I expect from a P5B-deluxe with a quad?

I too prefer Asus above the others. Gigabyte and Abit are the closest but each have flaws; the Gigabyte's vcore options have issues, droop for one thing, and odd settings for another. Abits seem to clock memory worse than the other two, also a shortcoming.

DFI is looking okay so far, but they have always had QC issues in the past.

too bad you have to seel a vital organ to buy a good asus board. my old gigabyte 965p ds3 rev1 did 500 FSB 1:1, very effectively.

cost: 99$

That's a total freak result, besides that if a board can do 400 with a quad it'd probably do ~480 with a Conroe.

That's a total freak result, besides that if a board can do 400 with a quad it'd probably do ~480 with a Conroe.

So if a p5b-deluxe can do 500 normally is it likely to do say...400 with a quad? If so that puts a Q6600 at 3600mhz and that's OK with me.

Nope, 411 is about max on both bo conroe and go kent.I noticed I needed 1.5 fsb termination voltage.And after a pencil vdroop mod,she only needs 1.4vcore to do 3.6, 4 hrs small fft's dual orthos stable. :)

Nope, 411 is about max on both bo conroe and go kent.I noticed I needed 1.5 fsb termination voltage.And after a pencil vdroop mod,she only needs 1.4vcore to do 3.6, 4 hrs small fft's dual orthos stable. :)

Then something is very strange. It might just be the nature of the WS Pro board though.

So if a p5b-deluxe can do 500 normally is it likely to do say...400 with a quad? If so that puts a Q6600 at 3600mhz and that's OK with me.
Yeah P5B Dlxes do mid/low 400's with quads, G0 might be a little higher sometimes.

Back