• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOT! BenQ 20.1" Wide 8ms 600:1 $300 shipped AR @ Egg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
BenQ FP202W Black 20.1" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 600:1 0.258mm Pixel Pitch - Retail
Click Here

Price:
$339.99 - $40 MIR + Free Shipping = $299.99

Cheapest, reputable 20" Widescreen I've ever seen. 0.258 pixel pitch is even good in my opinion.

Specifications:
Model:
Brand BenQ
Model FP202W
Cabinet Color Black

Display:
Panel Active Matrix, TFT LCD
Screen Size 20.1"
Widescreen Yes
Display Type WSXGA+
Maximum Resolution 1680x1050
Recommended Resolution 1680x1050
*Please verify your video card can support the recommended resolution of 1680x1050.
Viewing Angle 140°(H) / 130°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.258mm
Display Colours 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 600:1
Response Time 8ms
Horizontal Fresh Rate 31-81KHz
Vertical Fresh Rate 56-76Hz

Connectivity:
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
Connectors D-Sub, DVI-D
D-Sub 1
DVI 1
Power
Power Supply Built-in(90~264 AC)
Power Consumption On: 60W (max)
Power saving mode: 1W/120V, 2W/240V

Convenience:
User Controls OSD Control
Regulatory Approvals TCO99
Adjustable Stand Tilt Adjustments
Built in TV Tuner No
Built in Speakers No
Features •Senseye Image Enhancement Technology
•"A" Grade Quality
•i Key Auto Adjustment

Dimensions:
Dimensions (W×H×D) 18.9" x 15.6" x 6.7"
Weight 12.6 lbs.

Dern, Newegg can't make up their mind. Its on sale, off sale, back on sale, lol. Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but UPS screwed up and put it on the wrong delivery truck, so I should get it today.

This is the best deal I have seen on a LCD that big with that resolution and response time.

Marlon

I bought one from Newegg last Thursday for $300 AR, and it arrived Friday evening (they're shipping out of Memphis). The Benq fp202w is a great monitor for the price. Better colors and alot brighter than my older 17" Samsung 710N-2, not to mention cheaper than the 2005fpw that has potential backlight problems.

g0dM@n said:
what did u pay for urs? :)

I bought mine thursday during the one day sale. The deal was different, but the price was the same. It was $379.99-$40.00 instant rebate-$40.00 MIR

Make me wonder though, what will the price be next week lol

Marlon

Gautam said:
Anyone got any impressions on this? Is it really the same panel as the 2005FPW?

When I get mine, i'll be happy to look and see what panel it has if anyone has any idea on how to find out. I would assume there is a way to look and tell, but I have no idea how.

Marlon

Flip-Mode said:
Isn't 300 little dim? I was under the impression you need something in the 500 range or did I get confused with the contrast?
Not at all...thats what the highly acclaimed 2005FPW has for its brightness, and also the same contrast settings,too.

Gautam said:
Anyone got any impressions on this? Is it really the same panel as the 2005FPW?
Honestly, I don't know where d94 got that info... he didn't even supply a link, so I wouldn't be so sure.

BenQ is a good brand from what I've gathered

I got a refurbished BenQ 17 incher a few years ago for very cheap. It's always worked great.

Just trying to get some perspective on this particular model. ;)

Which would be a better choice, for around $300 total:

- This 20 in widescreen, 1680 x 1050, 0.258 mm pitch, $300
or
- Two 19 in LCD such as the Staples Acer 19 in, around $150 each (with stackable coupons, rebate)
0.298 mm pitch, much more pixel total = 1280 x 1024 x 2 >> 1680 x 1050 (48% more pixels).

I think for daily works with many things going on, the dual-monitor setup is better for more handy desktop space to do multiple doc editing, web surfing, messaging, TV, media player, DVD burning, ...

The single WS LCD is better for watching wide screen movie, wide screen gaming.

Both have comparable response time.

So tempted here. When someone gets theirs, can they do a little review on it for us? I want a nice LCD for daily stuff. I'm still a CRT guy, but LCD's are easier on my eyes.

hitechjb1 said:
Which would be a better choice, for around $300 total:

- This 20 in widescreen, 1680 x 1050, 0.258 mm pitch, $300
or
- Two 19 in LCD such as the Staples Acer 19 in, around $150 each (with stackable coupons, rebate)
0.298 mm pitch, much more pixel total = 1280 x 1024 x 2 >> 1680 x 1050 (48% more pixels).

I think for daily works with many things going on, the dual-monitor setup is better for more handy desktop space to do multiple doc editing, web surfing, messaging, TV, media player, DVD burning, ...

The single WS LCD is better for watching wide screen movie, wide screen gaming.

Both have comparable response time.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the Staples deal is dead... the 12% was only for last week... :(

Well, I'm sure you can still get the monitor for $180-200 AR each, but definitely not as low as it was... I got mine for $159.03 AR... damn register put the $30 coupon first, so 12% didn't come off of $30 worth... lol

does anyone here run a crt and an LCD on the same rig? I think thats what I want to do. How does mouse movement work? Does it just move from one screen to the other or is it synchronized (2 pointers)?

I run a 2005 fpw and a 21" sony multiscan E540, although it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing match it works fine. You can span the displays or clone them, choice is yours but cloning is a waste of desktop space (same thing on both screens). I did some tests with a camera and a on screen timer and it seems the 2005 fpw has about 20 ms more latency than the crt, I don't know if that really makes much of a difference in anything but the most rapidly paced FPS.

Well I got my LCD in last night and hooded it up and it works like a charm. Lots bigger than my 19" trinitron flatscreen and there just aint no comparison between my CTX 17" LCD and the BenQ.

The colors look great, response time is fast, I should have got a widescreen a LONG time ago, lol.

One thing I was worried about was the viewing angle that is smaller than the Dell. But after using it, the viewing angle isn't near as small as my CTX. I can see the screen with no distortment at such an angle that it wouldn't even be practical to be using the monitor at that angle.

So this thing gets a thumbs up from me, but I wish I could find out if its the same panel as the Dell or not. I know there has to be a way to look and find out.

Marlon

I said this before, but this BenQ has HALF the response time that the 2005fpw has.

2005fpw is 16ms, whereas this monitor is 8ms.

Back