• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOT! BenQ 20.1" Wide 8ms 600:1 $300 shipped AR @ Egg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d94 said:
i already listed this lol

Hehe, you listed it, and then the price went back up again after the Thursday sale. But on Monday it went back on sale so it got listed again, lol.

Marlon

snakeskinner said:
Hehe, you listed it, and then the price went back up again after the Thursday sale. But on Monday it went back on sale so it got listed again, lol.

Marlon
oh :D

d94 said:
i already listed this lol
The price has changed so many times I have no idea what's going on now... Sry :(

Anyone recieve this monitor yet, so we can get a real appraisal of its quality?

Computer Gaming World (CGW) has a small write up on this monitor in its May 2006 issue. Page 96. The over all verdict was "Mediocre." Complaints were lack of inputs (composite, s-video, etc.) and "We can't even saythat this monitor had decent black levels; they were more like 'dark grey'." *

But CGW also had the monitor priced at $550. So accuracy doesn't seem to be a strong point. Anyone have their opinions yet?

* Darren Gladstone, Computer Gaming World, Issue #262, May 2006, Pg. 96. (wow... looks like I *did* learn something in english class. lol)

snakeskinner said:
Well I got my LCD in last night and hooded it up and it works like a charm. Lots bigger than my 19" trinitron flatscreen and there just aint no comparison between my CTX 17" LCD and the BenQ.

The colors look great, response time is fast, I should have got a widescreen a LONG time ago, lol.

One thing I was worried about was the viewing angle that is smaller than the Dell. But after using it, the viewing angle isn't near as small as my CTX. I can see the screen with no distortment at such an angle that it wouldn't even be practical to be using the monitor at that angle.

So this thing gets a thumbs up from me, but I wish I could find out if its the same panel as the Dell or not. I know there has to be a way to look and find out.

Marlon

I have a pair of NEC 17" 1760V's right now - what do you guys think? Ditch those and go for this guy? Seems like a great deal, and a nice widescreen would be snazzy...

Sucka said:
snakeskinner said:
Well I got my LCD in last night and hooded it up and it works like a charm. Lots bigger than my 19" trinitron flatscreen and there just aint no comparison between my CTX 17" LCD and the BenQ.

The colors look great, response time is fast, I should have got a widescreen a LONG time ago, lol.

One thing I was worried about was the viewing angle that is smaller than the Dell. But after using it, the viewing angle isn't near as small as my CTX. I can see the screen with no distortment at such an angle that it wouldn't even be practical to be using the monitor at that angle.

So this thing gets a thumbs up from me, but I wish I could find out if its the same panel as the Dell or not. I know there has to be a way to look and find out.

Marlon

You have the same EXACT thing to say, Sucka? But your name is not Marlon... :D

*bump*

ROFL ... cheaper still . Newegg cant make up its mind , but cheaper is better :

As of 5/6/06

Original Price: $332.99
Instant Savings: -$15.00
$317.99
($277.99 after $40.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Personally Iam happy with the Staples Acer deal I got , so Iam passing on this , but others still may like to know this LCD has a new lower price .

snakeskinner said:

Marlon

read guys :p

Yeah lots of places have that same policy. Its really lame.. I would say that with a display, I would expect it to work properly when I bought it..

That said, I ordered the BenQ :- ]

I bought a BenQ FP91G+ from the 'egg. Got it with no dead pixels guys.

PS. When I bought the monitor, I paid $299 + overnight shipping = $330.

It was $229 w/ no rebate the other day. SOOOOO MAD!!!! I want a second! Except I need a dual dvi card so that I can enjoy all my placebo FX. :D

My dad ordered this monitor for himself yesterday, hes been dieing to get a new monitor, his is currently a 15" LCD with a max res of 1024 x 768 and very dated. When i showed him this he jumped all over it. I would have bought one for myself but i already have a monitor so it would have been a waste.

Back