• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HOT* Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse $23 @ amazon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Echo_ said:
imo i dont know whats up with buying hte lightup keyboards

you should know where the keys are

I have rather large hands, and I end up over stretching on keys, and hitting the wrong one in the dark. Its all about the prerephrial vision.

The saitek eclpise only lights up around the keys, the G15 likes up the letters and numbers too.

Echo_ said:
imo i dont know whats up with buying hte lightup keyboards

you should know where the keys are

It has nothing to do with knowing where the keys are, It's knowing where the keys are in a darkened room.

I have a Saitek special edition red, and it's a big advantage in gaming in a dark room with this excellent Saitek keyboard.

A0596102.jpg

Silversinksam said:
It has nothing to do with knowing where the keys are, It's knowing where the keys are in a darkened room.

I have a Saitek special edition red, and it's a big advantage in gaming in a dark room with this excellent Saitek keyboard.

ya but still i can type blindfolded and still type correctly

with eyes closed
"My eyes are closed."

if you dont know where keys are at night gaming, memorizing where they are will help you more than looking at the light then hitting it.

edit:

to shard the new saitek lights up the key letter

so how good are logitech rebates?
i might jump on the g7 even though i have a g5 already

Echo_ said:
so how good are logitech rebates?
i might jump on the g7 even though i have a g5 already

Same here! I think I am going to. I will see which one I like best!

*Edit* Done and Done!

scott d said:
how is the G7? how does it compare to the MX1000?

It pwns the MX1000.

- 2000dpi Sensor compared to 800dpi

- Longer body and design, so you can extend your fingers for more comfort (for me at least)
- Swappable battery backs, wich last about 2-3 days under regular use.

- On the fly sensitivity changing

- Smaller charging station, and does not need a power plug in

I could go on for a while. The only thing that I raise an eyebrow to is the colors. Who exactly wants Green and silver? I know a few people will, but not all that many. So aestheticly, the MX1000 wins. But I have yet to pickup my new G7 yet. So we will see.

shard said:
It pwns the MX1000.

- 2000dpi Sensor compared to 800dpi

- Longer body and design, so you can extend your fingers for more comfort (for me at least)
- Swappable battery backs, wich last about 2-3 days under regular use.

- On the fly sensitivity changing

- Smaller charging station, and does not need a power plug in

I could go on for a while. The only thing that I raise an eyebrow to is the colors. Who exactly wants Green and silver? I know a few people will, but not all that many. So aestheticly, the MX1000 wins. But I have yet to pickup my new G7 yet. So we will see.

Also note that the G7/G5 have fewer buttons than the MX1000. In particular the MX1000 has 2 thumb buttons while the G5/G7 has only 1. To me that makes no difference, but to some it matters a lot.

Echo_ said:
ya but still i can type blindfolded and still type correctly

with eyes closed
"My eyes are closed."

if you dont know where keys are at night gaming, memorizing where they are will help you more than looking at the light then hitting it.

If you say so, been gaming for a long time, and this Saitek makes my job kicking *** all the easier. If you game blindfold, more power to you.

WOW!!!!!!!!! I bought this yesterday at 1:50pm and I just got it 10 minutes ago (6:55 pm) now that is fast delivery service for you. Keep in mind that I did us UPS 2 day, but still 2 days faster than I expected!

Silversinksam said:
If you say so, been gaming for a long time, and this Saitek makes my job kicking *** all the easier. If you game blindfold, more power to you.

where did i say i game blindfolded?

Wow after about 30 minutes of testing... I really love this mouse! The ability to change the weight of the mouse is a great idea! I added 24.8 grams to the original weight of the mouse (about 2 times the weight of my 510) and my mouse movement is more fluid and controlled. The ability to change DPI settings on the fly is also a great feature if, like me you like to play CS with the AWP and Deagle combo. Only down side is the lack of 2 thumb buttons like my 510. However for all the added features and this great price the G5/G7 more than makes up for it.

scott d said:
yeah, I hate to get hung up on the looks of it, but I really hate that green

I just bought a G7 and the green is not as GREEN as what you see in pics on Logitech's website and around the web - more like a dark forrest green which looks almost black.

Back