• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are the C1 2.40bs overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have ordered one, it has 11/25 as pack date (store told me) so unless they are packing old ones with new date this should be a very nice chip.

Overclocker: AMDs lower speed chips are cheap yes, but one of the most important reasons why I switched is because of the wonderful P4 motherboard, Intels chips jusr seem to rule.
If AMD started making chipsets again for desktop market then maybe...

SBeaver said:
I have ordered one, it has 11/25 as pack date (store told me) so unless they are packing old ones with new date this should be a very nice chip.

Overclocker: AMDs lower speed chips are cheap yes, but one of the most important reasons why I switched is because of the wonderful P4 motherboard, Intels chips jusr seem to rule.
If AMD started making chipsets again for desktop market then maybe...

Man, I remember the day, not too long ago either, when I was called all sorts of things for running Intel chips over AMD. Scorned, bullied, and put down, "AMD RULZ!" I tried telling my POV, but it seems people must accept something for themselves. Funny how most them AMD followers now see things differently.....

I will agree though, it is the Intel chipsets that has as much to do with with Intel's success as is their processors.
I always had a saying I told people, especially the AMD diehards, You can have the best cpu there is and with a bad chipset and or motherboard, you won't have much of a system. But you can take only a fair cpu and put it on a good chipset and motherboard and you will always have a good system.

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

I have a 2.4 ghz P4 C1 pulled from a Dell. Will barely do 3 ghz with 1.7 Vcore.....

My 2.8 ghz will do 3.25 with 1.65 V core, will boot at 3.4 ghz but won't be stable no matter how much voltage i throw at it.

Using water cooling, temperatures are about 36C under full load

Hey guys, Im new to overclocking and so far Im having a lot of fun. Ordered my chip from pcnut, corsair xms3200 512mb ram, refurb. Asus P4B533-e, swiftech mcx4000, vantec tornado from newegg.

Stable at 163 fsb using 3:4 - 2933MHz
Anything past 166, the system will not post

Went up to 173fsb using 4:3
Stable at 170fsb

idle temp: 28c
load temp: 40c

Would like to test some more but I have been lazy the past few days, but these are my current results.

tryed yesterday a new 2400 C1
can do 3ghz at stock voltage
over 166fsb the P4PE doesn't work, it isn't a memory problem or cpu problem (tryed more voltage, but if at 166 is full stable why at 167 it can't enter in windows???!!! it's impossible, it will enter in windows but not stable if is a cpu limit...)

all with a coolermaster
http://www.coolermaster.com/products/cpucooler/willamette/di4-6h53b.html
certified only for max NW 2400 :D
38° under stress :D

Hi,

see my signature..........

It is a Malay SL6DV / Week I'dont know, it was a Tray Version!

But higher than 162, not stable enough.........

I come with 3.1GH into Windows.......not more :mad: :(

First Post everyone,

Got a C1 2.4 (oem) from New Egg last week and just finished putting it through its paces with a P4PE and 512k Corsair xms3500. Kind of dissappointed. I did not want to raise the voltage over 1.6, and could only get prime 95 stable at 150fsb. Anything over that Prime bombed right at the start. Funny, I could post up to 165fsb, and run 3d mark with only 1.6 volts. But prime 95 would not go at anything higher than 150fsb. Still at 150 it gives me 2.7 ghz and 12,500 3dmarks using a ge4 4400 video card, so its not too shabby. But after reading about so many great overclocks I had dreams of something higher.

I guess I will let it run a while at 150 and then try again in a week or so.

Oh, btw I am using a vantec aeroflow cooler with my temps 34/46 load.

Your are not alone!!

Prime95 is very strange............i have already the problems!

Iwant to test tonight my intel with the programm Hot Cpu!

-We will see!-

Different cpus, but my old 2.66 couldnt prime above 150fsb also.....and this was at a low 1.6vcore also.....but was able to bench 3dmark at 160......and then now my 2.8 wont prime above 150 but I can run it at 157 for 3dmark and then 160 for sandra.

Very very wierd these C1 and Prime.....:)

Different cpus, but my old 2.66 couldnt prime above 150fsb also.....and this was at a low 1.6vcore also.....but was able to bench 3dmark at 160......and then now my 2.8 wont prime above 150 but I can run it at 157 for 3dmark and then 160 for sandra.

Very very wierd these C1 and Prime.....:)

Just an observation. But there does seem to be a common denominator going on here. Alot of the people that are disapointed with the 2.4b c1 have Asus P4PE motherboards. I am not trying to say that this is the cause, or that these motherboards are not good. It just seems that almost every post from people saying that they are not impressed have this motherboard and or chipset. I will be able to test my own 2.4b c1 next week some time in my IT7 board.

Buzzdog

Buzzdog said:
Just an observation. But there does seem to be a common denominator going on here. Alot of the people that are disapointed with the 2.4b c1 have Asus P4PE motherboards. I am not trying to say that this is the cause, or that these motherboards are not good. It just seems that almost every post from people saying that they are not impressed have this motherboard and or chipset. I will be able to test my own 2.4b c1 next week some time in my IT7 board.

Buzzdog

I just noticed that big nutts has a 2.4b at 3.0ghz....

and a 2.4b at 2.9ghz is not what I call bad.

it's still luck of the draw, more then anything else.

mica

Luck of the draw is correct. Best I can get is 2.85GHz Stable. No matter what voltage thrown at it. Memory is at 2,6,3,3. Temps are not an issue for me. I can boot into Windows at 3.1GHz and use it for email/internet, but no gaming. Stability is 2.85GHz only.

TIMSTER

timster said:
Luck of the draw is correct. Best I can get is 2.85GHz Stable. No matter what voltage thrown at it. Memory is at 2,6,3,3. Temps are not an issue for me. I can boot into Windows at 3.1GHz and use it for email/internet, but no gaming. Stability is 2.85GHz only.

TIMSTER

what vmem are you running at?

maybe you can do 2,6,2,2 with a slight burn in.

this is still not bad for xms3000....

mica

micamica1217 said:

mica

Vmem is at 2.8 volts. Not sure what option to choose in Sandra to burn in memory. I've had the memory up to 460DDR @2,6,3,3. Seemed stable.

micamica1217 said:

mica

Vmem is at 2.8 volts. Not sure what option to choose in Sandra to burn in memory. I've had the memory up to 460DDR @2,6,3,3. Seemed stable.

Back