• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Can Invrease refresh rate of my SONY laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reza.mansori

Hi Dear Friends,

I have a SONY NR 190 laptop, it's maximum refresh rate is 60, how can I increase it?

Regards

Welcome to the Forums! :welcome:

You can't increase it. And LCDs don't actually refresh. All but the newest of lcd screens, which are mostly being used for tvs, 'run' at a maximum of 60hz. Various companies advertise ways of artificially increasing it, but its not 100% correct.

And LCDs don't actually refresh.
I'm no electronics guru but if LCD's don't refresh how do they now which gates to open, how much and when? Don't they still need an update info from the video card as to what's what, and in this case they get that info every 1/60s, and most are simply fixed on to that frequency. No?

They're getting updated info, yes. But the point I was trying to make is that they don't refresh in the same way a crt does. When and update comes down the wire, if pixel #5021 doesn't need to change color its not going to turn off and back on for the same color. If it needs to change then it will. Check out the wiki I linked, it does a better job at explaining it than I can.

OP: WHY do you wish to raise the refresh rate?

Nope. Again, why do you want to? Are you seeing some kind of flicker? On old lcds I've seen an effect that looked like a slow refresh, scrolling diagonally, but it was an issue with the signal.

Back