• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how did you find ocforums?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dcloud said:
A member of PimpRig linked me to this forum. We were discussing methods of overclocking my P4 i865PE Northwood. I'm a total n00b when it comes to this, so hopefully I can find someplace here to ask my newbie questions :)

- dc

no question is too n00by.
the only n00by questions are the ones that aren't asked.

good old google led me here.

I don't really know, I was at computerforums.org one day talking to my friend in a pm, I walk away And ocforums.org was under my window when I came back

No one was home either lol I guess it was a sign from god that I should join, So I did

i read about overclockers.com in a computer tech magazine that summarized pc info, new tech and trouble shooting.

then on oc.com i saw that it had a forum.

One day I was out in the woods when I heard this sad cry. Anyhow I found these computer forums with their foot caught in an old style bear trap. After I freed it it was so greatful that it followed me home. Luckily it didn't eat much. And thats the story of how I found the forums.

i must have found it and lost it a few times. i have a vaugue recollection that i found it when it was just a frontpage, and once or twice a few years later, when i may or may not have seen the forums. if i did- im sure i had no idea what a forum was, or what one should do with such things. eventually, i lurked for a while, then signed up.

Skeen said:
skou, a senior member here, told me about it some while back. At the time I was at the Abit forums, trying to whip my NF7-S into submission, and skou's a mod there. Things got ugly between some of the members over there during the last election, so I jumped ship and came over here. I would have joined earlier but I had to wait until I got an "acceptable" email address.

Great, blame me!! :D:D

Skeen, you are welcome back any time.

How I got here, there was a link in a computer repair manual that I looked up. It lead to the front page, and the rest is history.

It was my experience here, that got me the Mod hat over there, though.

This place and ABIT's Forum, are still the 2 Fora I am a regular at, by the way. Almost all of me computer knowledge came from one of these 2 sites.

steve

last December my tt purepower 480 killed another motherboard and I Googled computers and been hooked ever since :attn: :clap:

First thing I learned was to pitch that psu in the trash

I found it through amdzone.com. i had just received a new mobo from ebay and there was a little description about overclocking, so I went online to find out more about it and took me a while searching around till I found overclockers.com, at first i didn't think it was worth it going into the forums judging by the look of the frontpage, but then I decided to check it out anyway and that was in 2003 I think.

Well, I was on overclockers.net (i think it's actually gone now... can't find it), and someone mentioned this place in a thread. Soon as I found it, I simply changed my bookmark address to read www.ocforums.com instead. :p Seriously, I stopped even going there as soon as I found this place, they had 1/1000 of the traffic and knowledge. :D

And here, I found out about [H], and browse there regularly too, however this will always be my home because the staff is waaaay better, and there are more smart people here, IMHO.

EDIT: It's funny I found this place last year, and THEN got into OCing. When I found this place, I had an Abit VT7 (un-overclockable, no AGP/PCI frequency locks), 2.8 GHz Celeron, and a 32mb nVidia GPU, didn't even have a fan on it. No case fans, and the cheapest of the cheap PSU's.

Now, I sit next to a beast that sounds like a tornado, and can play games I never even thought I could. My old rig struggled with DoD, and now I can play DoD:S at high settings!

Last edited:
Back