• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i get 750 out of this 650 slot A chip with ka7-100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bongo1

guys i have a abit ka-7 100 mobo,and a slot A 650 athlon,i have opened up the chip it says its a 750,so how do i get it to this speed just useing the mother board everytime i adjust the multiplier in the bios it wont boot,any ideas or are there other things i should be adjusting aswell,i have the mobo set to 100mhz on the front side bus within mobo dip switches.

i have 256megs pc133
voodoo 3 3000 agp
300watt p/supply
global win dual fan cooler

any one got this mobo and chip,i want to get it clocked as much as possible,can it be done with out useing a gold finger device.

thanks for your help :) well hopefully lol

buy the way whats the fastest i can get this chip to go useing a gold finger device.?
my mate has a early athlon 500 but a 0.25 micron one where as mines a 0.18 micron chip he has got his to goto 750 out of a 500 but he says something about the cache speed? so i am thinking about 900 for me maybe? as it is really a 750 chip :)

Hi Question i bought my 700 slot a amd in september but how to I identify if it is a 18 micron or 25 I know there is a site to help but i forgot were

if on the outside of the chip case it says something like
k7750then some other numbers and letters with A at the end its a 0.18 chip if it has a B at the end its a 0.25 ok m8 hope this helps

If you start increasing the FSB you will over clock it and get much better system performance than trying to change the multipliers using the gold finger. In the bios settings for that board only increase the FSB not the PCI bus. For the possessor speed go to user select. The multiplier shod say 6.5!

Now listen:

There just isn't anything like multiplyer adjustment for SLOT-A athlon in any bios. It is hardware set, so the way to alter it is: hardware!

There are little nice devices for this kind of things, called GoldFingerDevices, or just GFD. You can plug them on the debug-port, under the athlon cover (yes, you will have to remove it, see the homepage or toms hardware).

I can advice all slot-a users to get a GFD without the need of external voltage, it's really easy and works good for me, and most other people I've seen around. I use Tweaking Device 2.0, it's gr8! I have a week 43 athlon 500C, is 0.25um (oh yeah, about how to look up, see http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/00q2/000412/index-01.html ). Just look at last character of your serial. A=0.18um, C=0.25 no B things or such.

What I've done to my athlon: set multiplyer to 7,5=> 750MHz at 1.7V, 1/2cache. Can go higher, but need something better than the crappy GORB.

Believe me, FSB won't bring you that far. Because of the EV6 bus of athlon is unstable at high FSB, you won't get above 117, for me even 107, depends on MoBo. Succes with you athlon, 0.18um will do great, I bet 800. Surprise me!

Back