• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i insert water throught a fill port?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
voigts said:
Now that is a really clever idea. I have never seen that or even thought of that before. How exaclty did you mount it to your case? I see a black ring on the inside and one on the outside. Are those something that came with the pitcock or something else? Is that pitcock for a specific radiator or just some kind of a general one?

don't mean to jack your thread tvdang7. :p

the black ring is a 1/2" ID rubber grommet for wiring thru engine firewalls and such. I use a stepdown bit to get a perfect hole to 11/16". the pitcock I get at my work. I don't know the application but I imagine it can be used on any radiator that uses a 1/4" NPT...of course I grinded that end down and soldered it in the barb.

VballCoach said:
the pitcock I get at my work...
Those are actually called "petcocks"*.
Might make them a bit easier to find...

BTW...
When designing a loop with a Fillport (either capping a t-line or, as in my case, remote fill for an internal reservoir) having a second airbleed port will make life much simpler and drier. When used alone, you are pushing water in and evacuating air out of the same tube at the same time. Backflow and spillage are inevitable unless you pour in the fluid very slowly. With an additional dedicated airbleed port you can fill as quickly as the funnel will allow.

*Insert favorite "Red Ryder" joke here.....

Last edited:
clocker2 said:
Those are actually called "petcocks"*.
Might make them a bit easier to find...

VballCoach pmd me and is going to look to see what exactly they are. I cannot find anything like what he has there where you could attach a 1/4" line to it. (Sorry for the threadjack)

Back