• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i overclock using 'Ai suite 3' ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
when you set strap to 125 then you have to set bclk to 125+ or it won't work

will i have to change anything else doing this? volt or anything like that to give it the extra power?

Last edited:
kingdrastic, I feel you're making this harder on yourself by changing the BCLK. Until you get more familiar with the inn's and out's of overclocking and what is also changed by the BCLK, it's a lot more simple by just using the multiplier to OC for now. I'm not saying you shouldn't change the BCLK and learning what is involved with changing it, it's just makes the task of OCing for someone new a little more difficult.

kingdrastic, I feel you're making this harder on yourself by changing the BCLK. Until you get more familiar with the inn's and out's of overclocking and what is also changed by the BCLK, it's a lot more simple by just using the multiplier to OC for now. I'm not saying you shouldn't change the BCLK and learning what is involved with changing it, it's just makes the task of OCing for someone new a little more difficult.

Yh i think ill stick to just the multiplier for now, had to open up my case and take battery out to do bios reset because my computer kept restarting on boot after i did what that other guy in this thread told me, made my cpu strap from 100 to 125 and took my bclk to 127 and bam comp just kept restarting after 5 seconds of boot ;/
i appreciate the help and i blame my self for not getting any prior knowledge so yh i guess ill stick to the multplier until future where i can get more knowledge and insight on the matter.
Thanks for your time though, much appreciated.

Anytime, just read up on the guide. If you don't understand something just ask us, we were all beginners at some point. The Haswells are fairly simple to Oc, some of them run hot so you may have to settle for a lower OC then others. Though, a I5 46xx running 4.2-4.5 is still a pretty darn fast chip.

Back