• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Do I Split 3pin Corsair AF120 Fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExpertAdviceMan

Hello everyone, I've got room for 6 case fans, and I do plan on installing 6 fans, but my Mobo only has room for 3 case fans.
My question is, will a 3pin Y fan splitter cable work or will I need extra power to make sure each fan has the proper power?
I've heard it will work, but I do not want to invest in the money in buying a Fan Controller drive, as I'm trying to keep a clean look.
Setup is, DeepCool Tesseract SW White with 6 Corsair AF120 purple LED fans and my Mobo is the ASUS M5A97 R2.0

What I'm looking for is a proper 3pin fan splitter cable or at least a fan controller with purple LED's.

Yeah, that's actually the same one as in my second link to Phanteks' official site.

Ah alright, ya I'm from Canada, I'd prefer to order from a .CA website, considering the shipping from the States is insane sometime.
Thanks for the help MattNo5ss!
Solved! :)

Yeah, I figured so once I noticed your link was newegg.ca

Good luck with the build!

Back