• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do u dim the leds from my fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sidewinder_2011

Mods, if I posted this in the wrong places, please move to the correct place, thanks

At the moment, I'm building a custom oak desk with pc inside.
On my fan the leds are too bright, in the pic is just one, 6 fans will be there in the end , and it over powers the uv effect , how can I dim my leds on the fan, see pic and u will see, thanks lol.

lX9nUDzh.jpg
NzX9vVsh.jpg

Krylon sells a spray on tint you can use. Should be available at any major auto retailer.

Also LED are basically not dimmable. The LEDs used in dimmable light bulbs are specifically designed to be able to do this.

Thanks, I will try it. If it don't work out I have to order some green uv reactive fans from USA. As I can not find any in the uk

You can splice in a resistor, the outcome may vary, some leds may actually change color, when the voltage is lowered, but most will be just less bright. considering the cost of a resistor, it may be worth trying first. It will depend on they way the fan is built if you need one resistor for a chain of leds or 1 for each led.

Thanks for all your input, i thought I try a diffrent way, I got rid of the uv cold Cathode, instead I got uv led instead. I changed fans which had led strip round it, for a fan with 4 led bulbs in the corner. I'm much happier now,
oeSnyPVh.jpg
Still got a long way for my desk

Back