• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do we get people active in the forum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberMancer

Registered
I've noticed that we have a decent amount of currently active members, but only a small portion ever post in the forums. It seems to me that getting people involved in the forum increases our over all production by drawing new members and getting the most out of the ones we have. :confused:

What are you going to do about it?

Well, I did the same thing you did, stick a note about SETI in my sig and having it say Im a SETI team member. But if your trying to say how do we get members that are part of the seti team who don't post in the forums TO post... No idea. Start PMing people through BOINC maybe. But some people have different names here and there.

[hijack]

Q:How do we get people active in the forum?
A: Free beer? T*tties?

Maybe that should be the slogan: OCF Team SETI: Free beer and t*tties!

(sorry I just couldn't resist)

[/hijack]

By having interesting discussions, with interesting post titles.

by the way, new box is up and running, Phase cooled Celeron D, overclocked and running at 20 degrees below zero Celcius. Dedicated seti box (ok, perhaps a bit of gaming too)

Hamm3r said:
Phase cooled CeleryD ? omg, what clocks did it hit?

I'm gonna run it for about a week to get it all settled in and broken in at a 1Ghz overclock, then start pumping it up.

Stock is 3.46 Ghz, currently running at 4.39 Ghz at Minus 20 Degrees Celcius.

Later it will get switched out for a new G0 stepping Quad :)

Morvak said:
Q:How do we get people active in the forum?
A: Free beer? T*tties?

Actually, you're close. When I used to hang out at OCN, we did a contest, giving away various things; ram, CPUs, etc. All the stuff came to the web sight as pieces for review or whatever and we would give it away in contests. We got a refrence on [H]ardOCP once and got like 10,000 hits 100s of new posts and dozens of new members. Perhaps the owners of Overclockers could throw some swag down here to get it going?

Back