• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you store your fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yale0083

Hey everyone, first poster here. I was working on organizing my garage and came across my huge collection of fittings. They usually sit in a few boxes under my work bench. I'd like to organize them a little better. How do you guys store your fittings? I'm open to all suggestions.

I just stashed mine according to dimensions in separate zip lock baggies, then all the baggies in a shoebox. So if I need a fitting I just go in the shoebox and look for a specific ziplock bag. Beats the hell of putting them in different boxes and searching in each box. This way I know exactly what I need and where to look. What a freaking headache it was tho :bang head

Btw welcome to OCF! :welcome:

I just stashed mine according to dimensions in separate zip lock baggies, then all the baggies in a shoebox. So if I need a fitting I just go in the shoebox and look for a specific ziplock bag. Beats the hell of putting them in different boxes and searching in each box. This way I know exactly what I need and where to look. What a freaking headache it was tho :bang head

I do the same thing. :D I just put all my extra fittings in one big zip lock bag. Even extra cables and other small pieces, etc.

they all shoved into an old cpu blocks box. I normally only deal with 7/16 x 5/8 so keep sizes separate isnt an issue. With my current build I wanted to go big so I went with 1/2 x 3/4 but all those fittings came in boxes for each part I keep the unused ones in their respective boxes.

I got these plastic shelves on wheels, filled with stuff. Great and mobile. Now that I think about it, I'll need one more if I take things out of these massive boxes my cases came in as I use them for storage for everything else.

By following advice from EKWB at the time I ordered, I had exactly the right number of fittings for my tubing, and a lot of surplus screws and washers that I want to store away somewhere against need. I like the storage method Nebulous uses.

Bob

i have mine organized by size then by type. the barbs i just toss in a box with like sized fittings and keep in the larger tub o fittings. the older plastic fittings i keep separated from everything else being that i doubt i will ever use them again but again they stay in the big tub with the rest of my fittings. the compression fittings i wrap in foam and keep in a box in my tub of fittings etc...i think i have close to 50 unused different sized barbs and fittings right now.

Back