• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this look? Could use some feedback.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

So, I just moved my system from my Silverstone FT01B into the Corsair 600T (and after using a solid aluminum case for years, steel and plastic feels cheap as hell. But man is it snazzy). My next move which will be soon-ish, is taking the plunge into getting my CPU and GPU under water. Here's the prospective list so far.

Swiftech Apogee HD Ultimate
Either Koolance VID-AR797 or Heatkiller GPU-X3
Swiftech MCR220-XP
Swiftech MCR120-XP
EK DDC X-Res 140
Laing DDC-1T

Those are the main parts. The plan is to have the 120.2 on the top, and the 120.1 on the front, both with some push\pull fans on them. I haven't really dove into the case too much yet, but I might just dremel the top and put a single 120.3 up top instead of the two rads, I'd have to see how it would fit.

Does all that look like it jive's together though? Will the pump be able to handle that loop? Would having a single 120.3 over the 120.2/120.1 provide any kind of advantage? While I'm not expecting extreme temp differences, it should cool both the CPU and GPU better than an H80 on the CPU and stock on the GPU. Just looking for some input and criticism. Thanks :D

That pump should handle those parts just fine. Just a hint - you could probably get the parts much cheaper at wither sidewindercomputers.com or jab-tech.com. Both are reputable sellers and in my experience have the best prices for watercooling parts.

You may want to consider upgrading your pump for only $10 more to a MCP35x pump. They are supposed to be fantastic and offer PWM control.

Good choice on the XP radiators, from what I've read, as soon as you get above about 1200RPM on the fans on those things, they really start to be excellent performers. If you throw some Gentle Typhoons on the rads, I bet you'll get fantastic performance.

Regarding single 120.3 vs 120.1 + 120.2 there's negligible pressure difference in the loop and no real temperature difference. The only difference is less tubing for the single, larger radiator, but possibly more modding to make room for it.

The parts are all linked there for convenience, I'll probably shop around for better prices.

As far as fans, I know the Gentle Typhoons are really good, but I'm a sucker for aesthetics, so It's going to be these Corsair fans. I've only read good things about them, and see them popping up all the time lately on radiators.

not an expert in water cooling, but your build looks pretty nice to me. I have the mcr220-xp running with the ddc1t as well. I found the pumps through [email protected] for $35 shipped and are untouchable at that price.

It looks like a very nice loop. I, personally would recommend Gentle Typhoons, as I have gotten great results from them, but that's just me. The fans on your build should be fine.

I would've just stayed with the Fortress and stuck dual 180s bottom, a few 120s top and backside, and proly a dual 120 in the front bays right behind a bayres/pump combo. But otherwise looks good, I've been taught in water-cooling there is no over-kill,

"Just not in my loop yet" so keep that in mind.

I'd personally go for thicker rads though. I've seen ex and rx perform better than the swiftech but check ski nee labs. Not an xspc fanboy by any chance though just yea..

They work, the rx esp. has lower restriction than either of the other two.

GunzRX, you may want to read some new reviews. The radiators he's using are a new model from Swiftech with more densely packed fins. Here's Martin's review:

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/08/swiftech-mcr320-xp-radiator/

On the 4th page it very clearly shows the Swiftech XP radiator outperforming the XSPC RX360 with rans running at 1300RPM or higher. Their restriction is slightly higher than RX radiators, but radiator restriction is pretty negligible.

Yea, I know but I only really look at 1000 rpm or below. It's an ok rad but you get me? I still feel like thicker rads are better because a bit worse high rpm perf. Is worth having better at low which the slim can't match.

Edit- as in at high all rads are within a few degrees of each other, at low they are not. As in, the thicker are more scale-able.

Back