• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high could i take my E6600 on air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goucho

Registered
Hi guys i have a successful OC thanx to here @ 3ghz but i was wondering how high i could actually go on air. Plus whats the best temp monitor so i can keep an eye on it. Also what is safe temps, like what should i NOT exceed ;)

Spec in my sig :)

On average... between 3.4 - 3.6GHz, depending on the VID. Temp monitor... either RealTemp or CoreTemp. Safe temp's... no less than 25 - 30C from TJ Max.

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmm would it be worth the extra .5 ghzto push it? What would be the maximum temp to go up to?

Mmmmmmmm would it be worth the extra .5 ghzto push it?
That's up to you, but if you're like the majority of us here then you'll want to achieve the highest stable overclock possible, while at the same time supplying a reasonable amount of voltage to the CPU and other components, and while keeping temp's at a reasonable level.
What would be the maximum temp to go up to?
I already told you... no less than 25 - 30C from TJ Max. For an explanation of TJ Max read the sticky at the top of this forum...

Intel C2D/Q/X Thermal Designs Explained
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=525629

It is up to you how far you want to push it... but my belief is that its no use having something if you don't overclock the p*ss out of it...

There may not be EASILY VISIBLE difference in 3.0 and 3.6, but I'm with Finny..If you have more head room, and your can keep the temps within range, why would you NOT want to push it further? Considering the fact that I rarely use the machine in my sig anymore.. I dont HAVE to run it at 3.6ghz.. but I can, so why not?

Back