• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is the FX5700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wel 4300 at 585core is pretty darn good ! ya gigabyt hasnt been known for the best of overclocking cards but still nice overclock for factory voltages none the less. the general volt mod is real simple to do and will let you runn 700mhz core totaly artfact free!

if youre interested in doing the volt modd. i have a guide over in the volt modding section of the forum! and if done correctly you wont have to woory about frying the card becuse nvidia has an overvoltage protection built into the card. the max it will let you go is 1.71 volts witch is safe on these cores and temps dont raise that mutch iether! give it a look over and if you have any questions give me a yell!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289593

Re: Re: 5700, The shirtlifters card?

Sir Barton said:

im using the 56.64 drivers and running CoD at 1280x1024 4xAA 8xAF no problem at all. eVGA 5700U.

Yes. I imagine that would be true considering all the extra modding and clocking on your signature.

:)

I however like to play CoD at full res 1600x1200 (100hz) with 2xAA and get a consistant 100fps
(I have limited the FPS in CoD to 100)

None of the other cards I tried could do that in my system.
Not even the 9800 Pro did it as good.

After all is said and done, if you can play your games and it looks good and plays smoothly what more do you want? The card is doing what it is supposed to do. I can't tell the difference between 50fps and 100fps as the human eye detects fluid motion @ approx 30fps. Besides I'm too busy killing baddies to look at most of the "eye candy" lol
BTW I'm running my ALbatron FX5700U3 @ 504/950 with no problems at all.

5700 sucks... dun get it.

I own an FX 5700 by ASUS and ... it sucks. I am very very very disappointed. After adding in an external Coolermaster CPU fan for AMD Athlon series that I no longer use... the idle is around 34C for GPU... and I attempted to oc to 475/500 (default is 425/500 )... in windows it would flinker, and often reboot my pc!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not stable at all... Now I wanna take it back and get a new gfx card... this blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back