• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this Antec case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warwick5s

Registered
11-129-117-02.JPG

ANTEC SOLUTION SERIES Model# SLK2600AMB w/ANTEC SMART POWER 300W P4/AMD POWER SUPPLY ATX12V - RETAIL

it's $60 at newegg, but since i stupidly ordered a seperate power supply (350w antec) before seeing this case, i'm thinking about going to go trade it in at best buy for this case (which stocks both, and theres a 2 dollar difference)

the only difference is that its a 300w PS vs a 350. is that going to make a big difference? i'll be running a few drives, some cd drives, and an audio interface (Aardvark Q10). possibly overclocking the 1800 to 2ghz but we'll see if it's necessary. will the lack of extra power affect my ability to overclock?

anyone use this case ever? it seems pretty sturdy - and that's a little bit of a concern because i will be moving this computer around - but possibly in a bag/case of some sort.

-jason

It depends on how hardcore you are, if you overvolt to 1.85V and above, 300W or even 350W is very shaky. It also depends on the air flow in your case, bad air flow, high temperature means low efficiency on PSU, more heat and eventually it may die before you know. All in all, I suggest at least name brand 350W for an overclocked athlon system

the thing is that i'm def. not hardcore. i want a fast system for not a whole lot of moneys but i'm not trying to get great benchmarks or whatnot.

as long as she's stable recording 16 channels of audio, and doesn't take forever doing video rendering, i probably wont even overclock it.

well...

maybe a little ;)

Go with the SLK3700AMB...it offers 120mm fans instead of measely 80mm in that case you posted. I just received the SLK3700AMB for xmas....OMG....i've never been so excited over a computer case before. The thing feels like a could run it over in a car and it wouldn't break, it's that sturdy. The paint it outstanding....nice and shiny. I am sticking Vantec Stealth 120mm fans front and back....and when i get the nerve to hack the thing up, another Stealth on the side panel, with molding, grommets, the whole deal. As far as power supply goes...I run my XP1800 @ XP2000 with half gig of RAM, Ti4200 overclocked, dual 60 gig 7200rpm in RAID0, two optical drives, and I have no problems at all. But the 3700AMB features a 350w PS instead of 300w in the 2600 that you mentioned. In short..... BUY THE SLK3700AMB NOW!!!

Back