• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long do PSU's last? whats the longest you've used yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I remember having a PC Power & Cooling 750watter last me well over 9 years. I also had an Antec True Power 550watter last me well over 10 years. That's when power supplies were built by CWT/Seasonic. I even had a Super Flower 500watter that was older than dirt still powering an old P4 system.

Ahh the good ol' days!

I have a silverstone 850 + that has been running flawlessly since I believe 2010-11. That PC has been on almost 24/7, but at the same time the hardware in it probably never peaks above 350 watts when it games. I still plan on putting another several years on it with one of my older machines before I even bat an eye at it.

I do also have an antec sig 650 from ~2008-09 that I wasn't sure about since I put about 2-3 years on it on a previous build, concensus from another thread is that it is still more than serviceable for a new build today.

There is nothing wrong with Silverstone. They just price themselves out of the game usually.

My lowly CX750M is pushing 6 years now, with nary a hiccup on an OC FX hex core. They got pretty sorry reviews, but I've seen lots of owners who swear by them. Like me. Of course, I just used "nary" in a sentence in 2018, so, you know.... LOL

I just retired some mining power supplies from 2009-2011ish Antec TPQ850/1000/1200 have finally started taking their toll on life. Relegated to lower loads and will be replaced with some new superflower units as time permits.

Back