• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How low can it go ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
praying it does.. I wouldn't mind getting decent 24gb for my machine for <$50 since I cant seem to get a hold of my beloved sticks im holding on to now!

I won't be surprised if more companies move to SSD from RAM manufacturing like OCZ did. I think that Mushkin is thinking about it as they didn't make any new kits for over a year. Highest available are still 2133 so the same that were designed for Sandy Bridge ( 4 sticks made X79 kits but there are no new designs ).

RAM price drop is also main reason why IC manufacturers like Samsung or Hynix are forcing on Intel to make DDR4 chipsets faster. Intel was planning to start selling DDR4 platforms in 1-2 years starting from servers and we will probably see something in next half year.

I really hope ram stops dropping in price.

The lower memory gets in price the more mediocre to terrible sets of memory we see hit the market. Companies stop wanting to improve memory performance and just go for the worst clocks with terrible timings.

Last edited:
The 1 good thing about ddr4 being rushed out will be that early adapters will drop their high end ddr3 into late adapters laps :thup:

Hopefully :D

Back