• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how many computers do you have within arms reach?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many computers do you have within arms reach?

• 1 - 2 computers

Votes: 108 41.9%
  • 3 - 4 computers

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • 5 - 10 computers

Votes: 34 13.2%
  • I work for NASA, I lost count years ago.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • We are Borg, resistance is futile...

Votes: 21 8.1%

• Total voters
I am in a computer lab at my school. A lot of dell P4's and apple G5's. Exactly 8 G5's and 16 P4's in this lab.

7 computers here:

2400+ main sys, 2100+, 1ghz duron, 866 P3 IBM, 450 Mhz P2 Dell, 80-88 Functional, 150Mhz compuke laptop.

they are all complete with OS's and yes i counted the 80-88 because it sfun to mess arround with old stuff and programs on it. i probally have enough part to bulid 1 or 2 more

Come on guys, I know at least one of you guys out there will beat my record. I know that I not the only one on ocforums that messes around with clusters.

I may beat thr record for the least within arms reach. I have zero. Even though my main system in right here beside my desktop, it's not within arms reach.

If you want to count systems in this house there are 4 working late model systems, and I wouldn't want to think how mnay in the upstairs attic. There is so much hardware up there, I would have to assemble it into complete computers to count them.

7, 4 on a kvm, 1 remote desktop in my living room (thats arm reach really), 1 laptop, and then the rest are in the closet on SSH (so i never have to leave my terminal)

2 within arm reach, 2 more overall (laptop and an old PC off on the side).

Well, I need to update mine.

Still have the 3 rigs in the LEGO case. I added a new SG-72, (with 3 optical drives, and 2 HDDs) and 2 lappies.

That makes 6 that I can use, all within 3 feet of my stomach. (Center of mass.)

steve

LOLS when at home i have five... two laptops, two old celerons, and my P4 gaming rig in my sig... but those are just the 3 on my KVM + laptops sitting on desk.

There are 4 more computers as well lying around the house... sisters old tower and laptop, my dad's tower, and one of my old towers that does.... well... paper weight work... but none of those count as they are A) not mine B) have to move sitting position (***) to use :p

I got three plus I got enough hardware to build a fourth, and sometimes there are a couple of computers sitting under my desk waiting to get fixed, the sad thing is that dual core is not enough sometimes you'll find me with the desktop on doing something and the laptop right next to me doing something else, and if I had more space I would also have a linux box running (gotta learn how to use that crap).

Physically, I have three systems at arm's length (my SLI box, Ye Olde Athlon Thunderbird, and my PowerBook G4). However, from my Athlon box, I can reach into the campus computer network and have that server at my disposal; I have a Via C3-driven crapbox currently serving as a weak file server; and I'm putting together another system based on spare parts.

Man, I'm a _geek_. :cool:

I wish I were the Borg, and that resistance was futile, since I hate languishing in the lower ranks of Team 32.

Desktop and Laptop. 2. i've come along way from 3 kvm'ed desktops, 2 laptops (mobile one and performance one)

i have 2, 3 if you count my pda :p

my desktop and my laptop are both sitting right across from each other (specs in sig).

Back