• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many fans can you run off of one molex 4-pin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

I'm Trying to set up my fans and I was thinking about putting them all on one molex and wan to know if is safe

I ran 2 38mm deltas off of 1 molex just fine. Ive run 4-120mm case fans off of 1 molex as well without an issue.

I'm Trying to set up my fans and I was thinking about putting them all on one molex and wan to know if is safe
The answer varies depending on a few factors. You would need to know what the molex connector on your power supply is rated for and how many watts your fans are total. If the fan total is less than the molex connector, you are fine.

What fans are we talking about, here? What power supply? Speaking in generalities is not a way to get an answer. I would suggest adding your system into your signature so you don't have to repeat that information.

You could, in theory, run something like fifty yate loon lows off of a single molex. The wire is rated for 16 or 18 amps. But without a fan count or fan type, cant help the op too much.

The answer varies depending on a few factors. You would need to know what the molex connector on your power supply is rated for and how many watts your fans are total. If the fan total is less than the molex connector, you are fine.

What fans are we talking about, here? What power supply? Speaking in generalities is not a way to get an answer. I would suggest adding your system into your signature so you don't have to repeat that information.

oops. i wrote the thread on my iphone i guess it doesnt include my signature on it. and im running 4 120mm fans off one right now with now problems. the fans are 2 mid quality case fans that came with the case. and the other 2 are some low end ones. also have a 2 pin led on it also. and the psu is staying nice and cool

Going based on what you posted, I think it would be safe to assume that they are low power fans. You should be fine.

Back