• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much do you think my computer would go for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Ok, so how much do you think I should put my computeron auction for on ebay? It's in my sig. I'm going to sell it OC'd and everything. It's got a case window, and a bunch of cold cathodes as well. Very sexy $200 case and everything. Glass door, with "coolermaster" etching on it, illuminated by a blue light. Very nice.

I'm thinking around $1200... is that too much? Too little? It won't have windows on it.

Well, this system would kick a Voodoo's or even an Alienware's butt down the street. I've even got it all wired up like a Voodoo computer (I spent prolly 3-4 hours doing the wiring).

Yeah, I mean, the system with all the parts new would be about $1250, not counting the LED fans, the cold cathodes, the rounded silver IDE cables and the work put into it.

It just doesn't have Windows on it cuz the one I got was a special University of Texas Edition, so I can't sell the computer with it on there... That's all I'm really worried about.

Amino said:
Well, this system would kick a Voodoo's or even an Alienware's butt down the street. I've even got it all wired up like a Voodoo computer (I spent prolly 3-4 hours doing the wiring).
Pics?

Amino said:

It just doesn't have Windows on it cuz the one I got was a special University of Texas Edition, so I can't sell the computer with it on there... That's all I'm really worried about.

I do not know if selling it with that software is against the law or with the Texas University icons on the system properties screen.

If it is just the icons you can remove/modify them with tweakXP

I'll have some pics of it up tomorrow. My friend is lending me his webcam, but it's my girlfriend's 21st birthday today :D. I suppose I could sell it with windows loaded on here, but I couldn't give them the disk b/c it says University of Texas on it...

i think you should be able to get 1200+ easily, btw how much did it cost you to put it together?

voodoo wiring is using really long cables in their psu's so they can hide all the wires so when you look in the window...you can see virtually no wires...because they are all hidden behind stuff.

seer33 said:
i think you should be able to get 1200+ easily, btw how much did it cost you to put it together?

All the parts now would cost me about $1255 from newegg (rough estimate of each part).

I would list with reserve of 1200.00 and make sure you compare it to a voodoo, Falcon NW alien etc. If you get the 1200 great. You will probably get more. I would think closer to 1500.00. Make sure you post good clear pictures and note the wiring work and the ccfl/led lights. As for the OS list a full winxp as a add on for whatever it will cost you to buy it and install it for the buyer. Oh and don't forget to include a copy of Wedo's oneclick folding client. Team 32 can always use another fold boxen

How should I compare it though? Pics of theirs vs. mine? I guess I could do scores too. And Tis, doing the XP thing is a great idea!

Ok, well, here are pics of mine anyhow:

i-1.JPG

i-3.JPG

If you do sell it make sure you break it down before you ship it. If you ship it as is, even with alot of peanuts it will get trashed badly. All you need is for one item to fall or snap off and it bounces around inside the case and pretty much destroys everything in it.

Also make sure you properly shut it down before you take the hard drive out. If you just shut it off by the power supply kill switch or a hard shutdown without windows allowing to finish the arm on the hardrive wont move back to its resting position. So when you ship it, it will bounce up and down on the platter and ruine the hard drive.

the only problem with trying to sell a nice computer is that the dumb people that buy computers off ebay dont appreciate your computer for how truly good it is to them ram is ram and the fsb is just waaaa? I realized this when trying to sell my old computer D:

Freezermug said:
If you do sell it make sure you break it down before you ship it. If you ship it as is, even with alot of peanuts it will get trashed badly. All you need is for one item to fall or snap off and it bounces around inside the case and pretty much destroys everything in it.

Also make sure you properly shut it down before you take the hard drive out. If you just shut it off by the power supply kill switch or a hard shutdown without windows allowing to finish the arm on the hardrive wont move back to its resting position. So when you ship it, it will bounce up and down on the platter and ruine the hard drive.

I've had this problem before.

We shipped a computer to a client and the dang hsf came off. it was a volcano 7+. Trashed everything!

Freezermug said:

Well, see I want to, but then again, I wanna sell the system as is so that it's worth more because of the wiring job. Plus, shipping would be a lot less. However, you're right, I'm sure something will go wrong, I just don't know how to NOT have that happen. But then, how does Dell, or Alienware, or anyone really, ship their computers whole? I mean, I've ordered a computer from Alienware before, and it just had a crapload of peanuts in there and it was fine...

Doesn't the insurance of the package protect against that kind of stuff? And I mean, eveything is pretty darn secure. I made sure to tighten all the screws and hard as I could without srtipping. Maybe super glue to HSF? It's on the intel retention bracket, and I think that thing is solid, so I don't know what to say. Plus I'm going to have fragile stickers all over it (but I don't know how much those help...)

And...

SinsFeelNatural said:
man thats a nice system!

I would pay someone to clean up my wireing like that.

Great job

I'll do it for ya :D

Last edited:
I'd say 12-13 hundred minimum. It is much better than most comps on ebay. Most advertise the CPU speed and then the rest of the parts suck. Too bad, if I hadn't just bought a pc I might have been interested, it has everything I want and looks sweet. The only problem is that people won't understand that with the wiring and the 1GHZ overclock thats makes it worth more.

Back