• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? [>2012]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 1 gig

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 1 - 2.9 gigs

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • 3 - 4.9 gigs

Votes: 71 13.3%
  • 5 - 6.9 gigs

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • 7 - 8.9 gigs

Votes: 220 41.1%
  • 9 - 12.9 gigs

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • 13 - 16.9 gigs

Votes: 129 24.1%
  • 17 - 24.9 gigs

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 25 - 32.9 gigs

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • >= 33 gigs - Please post amount.

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corsair dominator 4gb 1337mhz 9-9-9-24 timings.

Soon to be GSKILL RipJaws 1800mhz 8gb 9-9-9-24

i didn't vote since i'm way over due on a new build.
1GiB (2x512) in both my desktop and my laptop.
running linux, and XP i don't need any more than that.

my mobo's capacitors are starting to sh*# the bed so upgrading is inevitable. :borg:
when i get my budget 2500K system i'll prolly go with 2x4GiB.
not that i'll be using it all in XP playing TF2 :p

4GB. I just never see me using more than that. You could run multiple games and still not use up 4GB. Ya RAM is cheap, but 8+GB is just outrageous for non-server application. If you're just a gamer, do yourself a favor and save yourself $20. Stick with 4GBs

4GB. I just never see me using more than that. You could run multiple games and still not use up 4GB. Ya RAM is cheap, but 8+GB is just outrageous for non-server application. If you're just a gamer, do yourself a favor and save yourself $20. Stick with 4GBs

I went with 8 so I could alt + tab faster. Most gamers here run with 8 and sometimes even 16, I find its better to be safe than sorry, get the 8GB...

I can run 1 game (granted not most but I've done it) and use more than 4 GB, $20 is is cheap insurance to not have the worry of running out.

i remember when 2gb was more than anyone would ever need lol now its barely enough i see 4gb as the minimum nowa days seeing as how cheap it is and 2 gets used up rather quickly

I remember when 16MiB was highest for any consumer available board AND it cost more then a current nVidia 680. :p

I remember when 16MiB was highest for any consumer available board AND it cost more then a current nVidia 680. :p

old people ;D hehe jk

yea when i first started i guess 256mb was high back then 512 was pretty sweet. 1gb you were the menz:attn:

but 16mb that must have been back with the dinosaurs :D

old people ;D hehe jk

yea when i first started i guess 256mb was high back then 512 was pretty sweet. 1gb you were the menz:attn:

Not even close. That was already the days of the 486DX and their clock multiplied brethren. I still haven't gotten around to trying to fire up my old 486DX4 100MHz system again .:shrug:

Not even close. That was already the days of the 486DX and their clock multiplied brethren. I still haven't gotten around to trying to fire up my old 486DX4 100MHz system again .:shrug:

reminds me of this ol bank server i got a few years back for 5 bucks, 111mhz processor i believe with 96mb of ram i think there were like 8 sticks in there to achieve that was my teamspeak server / vent server for a long time till i tossed it cuz it was ginormous

old people ;D hehe jk

My first system I got was store bought when I was 8. It had 64MB's of RAM. I later had to add another 64MB stick. 128MB's of ram were required to play Halo. lol

When I first got that system it saw a LOT of Diablo and Starcraft on that 1 64MB stick, and 700MHZ CPU.

This is a bit off topic, and not related to the quote I was responding to, but HDD's are in a similar "growth" boat. That same system I just spoke about came with a 10GB HDD I believe. I remember thinking I'd never use all of that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back