• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How much RAM does your primary computer have installed? [>2012]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much RAM does your primary computer have installed?

• < 1 gig

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 1 - 2.9 gigs

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • 3 - 4.9 gigs

Votes: 71 13.3%
  • 5 - 6.9 gigs

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • 7 - 8.9 gigs

Votes: 220 41.1%
  • 9 - 12.9 gigs

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • 13 - 16.9 gigs

Votes: 129 24.1%
  • 17 - 24.9 gigs

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 25 - 32.9 gigs

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • >= 33 gigs - Please post amount.

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna keep saying GB. deal with it.

I guess if we (Overclockers.com) want to be known as a place for misinformation, then sure, I'll deal with it. :rolleyes:

Personally though, we are better then that and should be setting the standard for all, and we can start by actually using the correct standards instead of continuing to use the incorrect.

I guess if we (Overclockers.com) want to be known as a place for misinformation, then sure, I'll deal with it. :rolleyes:

Personally though, we are better then that and should be setting the standard for all, and we can start by actually using the correct standards instead of continuing to use the incorrect.

I have 8GB installed.
bkoSI.gif

One point where I wished I had more RAM. ("More RAM is better." still holds true actually..)

I have 9gigs physical. Another 1024megs (virtual) for insurance. I have enough physical to not really use the disk(SSD.) Some is paged, not much.

Notice I have nothing free. But it shows I can use what is left over after the workflow, in the 'available' part. My machine is running full-tilt. (I am transcoding media for my portable player. Which is 10gigs worth..)

Attachments

• shotty.png
    shotty.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 205
Doubled up to 16GB last month. Only reasion being that I'm running W7/W8 VM's here and there - and I wanted the VM's to be able to access >4GB (generally 8GB) w/o constricting the host OS. Otherwise, 8GB was overkill if not running VM's...

And not trolling - But the Windows TM also says "GB/MB" and not "GiB/MiB" for "Physical Memory". I believe the BIOS POST Screen also indicates "GB/MB" when indicating the amount of "Installed Memory" (physical memory) in the system ;)

:cool:

I have 16GB.

I use it primarily for ramdisks. The program I use (IMDisk) automatically integrates into windows and allows me to simply mount ISO files to the ram with a simple right click. Haven't had to install Deamon Tools since.

I Have 16GB of low profile Corsair @ 1600mhz. NOT SHURE if 32GB would make any difference I.E. 4 X 8GB, i understand the new MOBO are running more and more Ram.

It depends on the program you are running. For example, if you are checking your email and just browsing the internet, those are load memory operations and upgrading wouldn't help. If you were running Photoshop, video editors, virtual machines (etc), then upgrading the memory would help if you are nearing 16gb used.

32GB...

I do a bit of 3D rendering, photoshop and video editing as a hobby....

Going to use some of it as a RAM disk as well.

How much Ram do you Have???

I like the 16GB of Corsair low profile ram i have chosen,to advoid any problems with the V8 Cooler etc.:D:cool:

Attachments

• Philip's update Photo's 7.jpg
    Philip's update Photo's 7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
32GB on my X79.
I know its overkill and not needed, but wanted to take advantage of quad channel and purchase the most per 4 slots (4x8 package) so I don't ever find myself disposing of sticks to get more RAM per stick since max is 64GB

Far too many times in the past I've had systems that started out with the minimum RAM which got filled to capacity over a 2yr stretch and still wasn't enough. I just made sure with this build that would never be an issue ever again for as long as I own and use this rig, even well into 10 years from now. Over the years (14 to be exact), it is the one component that can rid a system useless to meet the current need once filled to capacity.

64GB

Office4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back