• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would YOU pay for [email protected]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much would you pay monthly for [email protected]

• $4.17

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • $8.33

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • $12.50

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • $16.67

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • $20.83

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • $25

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
How much would YOU pay per month for [email protected]

We're trying to figure out how much to charge for this service. It would come with 20megs of space. We're looking at either an annual payment, or a twice annual payment.

If you have some other suggestion, feel free to post it.

Last edited:
i'd pay $50 for the exclusivity of the email address, but just IMO it seems a little high. however, i realize that the cost will go to pay for this service and to keep to forums running (i assume) so i'd feel like the money was well spent.

i guess think of it as a donation with a free email address.

jeff

edit: wtf? oni posted right before i did but it says his post was edited by william like 6 days ago..lol shadow really screwed something up.

edit again: apparently oni has that in his profile, grrrr :D

Well, it *is* a yearly cost...for a 20meg account, that ain't bad. Hotmail charges, what, 20 bucks a MONTH for something similar?

are you crazy? i could register my own domain, and get hosting, so i would have an unlimited number of my own pop3's email addresses...

OH WAIT, I ALREADY DO THAT!

register a domain name: $10 per year (dotster.com)
domain hosting: $10 per month (phpwebhosting.com)
total cost to me for unlimited webspace and unlimited pop3 emails with my own domain name: $130

cant beat that with a stick! [email protected] and no one else has an @ghettoblasters.com addy but me! oh yah, and i use the webspace for EVERYTHING since its unlimited space... :D

my webspace > *

i've got about a gig on my webspace on directv servers. no limit on transfer :)

plus net access for 50 a month :D

Fujikuro said:
are you crazy? i could register my own domain, and get hosting, so i would have an unlimited number of my own pop3's email addresses...

OH WAIT, I ALREADY DO THAT!

register a domain name: $10 per year (dotster.com)
domain hosting: $10 per month (phpwebhosting.com)
total cost to me for unlimited webspace and unlimited pop3 emails with my own domain name: $130

cant beat that with a stick! [email protected] and no one else has an @ghettoblasters.com addy but me! oh yah, and i use the webspace for EVERYTHING since its unlimited space... :D

Or you could get an exclusive @Overclockers.com e-mail address for $4.17 per month(im assuming that Robbie's calculations are correct) and support the OC forums at the same time. :clap:

I know which one i'd go for....

think 50 is a lil high....but I may be willing to do it anyway...Still might wanna reconsider that price...hecks tupid comcst gives me 10MB or space per account and no bandwith limit and I can have up to 8 accounts

Spec

Jeff Bolton said:
i'd pay $50 for the exclusivity of the email address, but just IMO it seems a little high. however, i realize that the cost will go to pay for this service and to keep to forums running (i assume) so i'd feel like the money was well spent.

I agree with JB on this one. I'd pay the $50 per year. One thought: I personally wouldn't need 20 Megs of space...we're talking about e-mail here, not web hosting. My other suggestion would be to have some means OTHER than Paypal to pay the annual amount.

EDIT: I feel so stupid now.... Didn't read that it was JUST for an e-mail addy... Don't need one (and wouldn't get one), but I think I'd pay $50/yr for one....

Thought it was for access to the forums.... Boy I would have hated to pay to see y'all! :D

JigPu

Whoa I agree 50 bucks way to much for me to spend in one shot.... saving to buy my rig and dont have 50 to spend on an email:(

Ok, I'm changing the numbers to reflect a monthly fee. You're all looking at the big number without spreading it out over a year. :D

krott5333 said:
umm.. nothing. I can just use hotmail for free.

That isnt the point , Its to support OC FORUMS:D

And one question why the hell cant I vote?! did you guys disable my voting rights or something?

I voted for the 4.17 because that's about all I would really want to donate on a monthly basis. I don't really need another email account, but if you would have an option to forward the email recieved at that address to another address, I'd be jumping on it. I might even be willing to go into the 2nd bracket for forwarding.

For now, I think I'll stick to sending a donation every once in a while...

i could go for 50-75 bucks for a yearly service, as long as i could pay it in a lump sum:) i hate monthly charges:)

NAS

I'm *sure* we could offer it as a forwarding service as well. :)

krott5333 said:
umm.. nothing. I can just use hotmail for free.

Hey sure why not, we ALREADY give good ole Billy boy enough info about ourselfs by running his OS, now he has control over our email too.

Rob

Robbie said:
Wow $4.17 A MONTH is too much for you?
Rob

He changed it. Before was $50 as lowest, then increasing.

Being in Canada, and considering that our money is barely worth using to wipe our bottoms, the $50/mo was a little steep . . . or was that yearly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back