• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clean up Windows 7 Partion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Smiley

Registered
Hello, i have noticed that my Windows 7 partion has been very crowded.. Currently i have 2.5gb of space left out of my 70gb and was just wondering how i could clear some of it and have more room. Im pretty sure its not a bunch of random programs because i install all of my programs and games to a main partion. So any help would be great full. thanks :thup:

You can use a handy program called WinDirStat to give you an exact breakdown of what/where space is being taken up.

I would start by disabling hibernation and deleting the file on the root of C:. After that, I'd check to see how big it has my page filing set and change it to something sane, depending on my usage. Then, I'd disable system restore, if it is enabled. After that, clear temp folders (c:/windows/temp and %temp%).

ok thanks man. :D i will try that.. but i also just realized last night.. that i had 9gb worth of data in my recycle bin.. so that helped a bunch. thanks again. :D

Back