• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to connect 6 case fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klamse

Registered
I recently ordered the HAF 922 case online, and a few extra fans.
All the fans I have now are:
Front 200mm
Top 200mm
Side 200mm
Bottom 120mm
Back 120mm
and V6 CPU cooler

My mother board (which hasn't came in yet) is a Gigabyte P67 UD4 B3.
I looked at the specs and it only has 4 system and 1 CPU fan headers.

How the heck do you hook up the extra one?
It seems I only can connect 5

I would not hook up any of those 200mm fans to your mobo, and would be very surprised that they even come with a standard 3/4 pin header, and not a molex. While you didn't list any models, I'm going to put a safe bet into that none of these are big power drawers (150+cfm), So while it may be "safe" to run them off your mobo, It would probably still be more conducive to tidiness to find a way to run them off molex, or through a stand alone controller.

in my case, i only have my cpu and rear exhaust attached to my mobo headers. The rest i have connected to a molex fan controller, or just connected through molex connectors. the coolermaster fans you have ordered come with molex ->3 pin adapters, so plug your fans in to the adapter, then the adapter into your psu and when you boot your system youll have your fans working =]
If you get a fan controller, they generally will have 4 or 5 3pin headers on them which you plug your fans into, then it generaly takes one or 2 molex plugs to the psu.

in my case, i only have my cpu and rear exhaust attached to my mobo headers. The rest i have connected to a molex fan controller, or just connected through molex connectors. the coolermaster fans you have ordered come with molex ->3 pin adapters, so plug your fans in to the adapter, then the adapter into your psu and when you boot your system youll have your fans working =]
If you get a fan controller, they generally will have 4 or 5 3pin headers on them which you plug your fans into, then it generaly takes one or 2 molex plugs to the psu.

Awesome, I'm so glad they come with the adapters!
Also, I'm worried about the lack of dust filters with the HAF 922.
Should I buy one for each fan?
What filters do ya'll recommend?

i dont use any filters as the front and top panels are fully filtered in my pc. as of such, im not best person to refer you to any, but most mesh filters i think work well.

Ok thanks.
Your acrylic benchmark build looks awesome btw.

Back