• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to connect up the loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I know this has been up before, but some how, i once feel unsure of which way to go.

My current 600T is setup as follows.

Res/pump > Rad > CPU > Rad > GPU > GPU and back to pumpe.

For my new build, i was going to go:

Res > Pump > Top Rad 420 XT45 > Buttom Rad (480 Monsta) > CPU > GPU > GPU and back to res.

I just dont feel confident its the best solution.

I know i have been told many times that it doesnt really matter how is sits, the water temps never changes much, yet my 600T begs to differ, as i see up to 8 degrees difference between my top and bottom GPU, when running at full load.

Unless that 8degrees affects anything I wouldn't worry to begin with.

If it were ME though, I would run:
Res -> Pump -> XT45 -> CPU -> Monsta -> GPU -> GPU

My reasoning would simply be wanting a cooling point in between CPU and GPU.

Res before pump, after that, it DOES NOT MATTER as temperatures within a properly flowing loop does not vary by 1-2C at most as you already know. If you are seeing such a difference, I am not sure you have enough flow for the system in your case as you have plenty of rad. I mean its science, proven information, that loop temps do not vary much unless you are under radded (you are not) or do not have enough flow. I mean think about it... at 2GPM flow, You are reciirculating a typical loop about once every 7 seconds...the water has no time to heat up that much between the two cards.

But like was said above, if you do not need to, dont worry about the 8C difference. ;)

Last edited:
Indeed, maybe a 1c difference, but it looks better in my head xD

There was a HUGE thread about loop order over at XS, and bottom line is outside of that 1c change, there is no difference in temps.

As long as the voice doesn't say to use premixed coolant I think you should be fine.

Back